Tenecor ATO Reservoir

Hyyeguy123

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick review of Tenecor ATO Reservoir.

I stumbled upon Tenecor while searching for affordable LARGE ato reservoirs. I had been considering hiding a 10 gallon trash can, or painting an rv water tank black, and I really disliked the idea of both options.

While researching other acrylic ato reservoir brands I came across Tenecor as a sponsored company on Reef2reef. I tried researching the company for reviews of their products, and aside from some old youtube videos they posted I couldn't find anything.

Other brand acrylic reservoirs are honestly astronomical in price. I was not happy or comfortable paying $200+ for what essentially boils down to a bucket to hold water. The prices on Tenecors products were so good, I almost doubted if the company was legit. I figured "They're sponsored by reef2reef, surely it's not a scam" and took a gamble.

I'd say the gamble paid off. While this is not "Top quality", it is still excellent quality and I am happy with it on display in my living/dining room. None of my guests will observe or nitpick the way I did upon first seeing it. That being said, for the money this is a fantastic deal. They offer several different size points and color variations, including slim designs to fit in tight spaces.

This is a 22 gallon, measuring 12x18x24 inches. My aquarium is a total of 230 gallons between display and sump. It looks great and fits perfectly with the aesthetic. The size is going to be so helpful, now I don't have to refill my small 3 gallon ATO Reservoir every single day and it will clear up space inside the stand.

My only real "complaints" if you can call them that are very minor when considering the price compared to competitors. The acrylic is not the smoothest cut I've ever seen. It is visible to the eye and can be felt easily when running your hand or fingers across the edge. There was also a good amount of swirls already in the acrylic, most likely from being handled during the build and shipping process. And last, it took almost 2 weeks from time of order to receiving the product. It wasn't shipped for over a week after ordering, which was a bit concerning at first considering the lack of history with the business. I don't know if products are made to order or if they just dropped the ball on getting the reservoir packaged and shipped out in a timely manner. Either way, not a huge deal. It's here now and I'm happy with it.

Aside from that, I have no complaints. The openings are great size for any number of pumps, wires, and tubing you need. The viewing window is perfect for observing water levels so you know when to refill. I am very happy with the purchase. I will definitely be a returning customer and would recommend their products to anybody considering.

After recently suffering a major catastrophe and losing all of my fish to velvet, I consider this a win and I'm glad at least something is working out decently for me right now lol.

Filling right now, I will update if there are any issues with the bonds.

Almost forgot! I feel like I stole it at only $94 shipped to my door. I had a coupon, which combined with their current sale prices. You can't beat that price point.

20220424_161037.jpg 20220424_161045.jpg 20220424_161050.jpg 20220424_161055.jpg 20220424_161120.jpg 20220424_161258.jpg

Last edited:

Woodyman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I stumbled upon Tenecor while searching for affordable LARGE ato reservoirs. I had been considering hiding a 10 gallon trash can, or painting an rv water tank black, and I really disliked the idea of both options.

While researching other acrylic ato reservoir brands I came across Tenecor as a sponsored company on Reef2reef. I tried researching the company for reviews of their products, and aside from some old youtube videos they posted I couldn't find anything.

Other brand acrylic reservoirs are honestly astronomical in price. I was not happy or comfortable paying $200+ for what essentially boils down to a bucket to hold water. The prices on Tenecors products were so good, I almost doubted if the company was legit. I figured "They're sponsored by reef2reef, surely it's not a scam" and took a gamble.

I'd say the gamble paid off. While this is not "Top quality", it is still excellent quality and I am happy with it on display in my living/dining room. None of my guests will observe or nitpick the way I did upon first seeing it. That being said, for the money this is a fantastic deal. They offer several different size points and color variations, including slim designs to fit in tight spaces.

This is a 22 gallon, measuring 12x18x24 inches. My aquarium is a total of 230 gallons between display and sump. It looks great and fits perfectly with the anesthetic. The size is going to be so helpful, now I don't have to refill my small 3 gallon ATO Reservoir every single day and it will clear up space inside the stand.

My only real "complaints" if you can call them that are very minor when considering the price compared to competitors. The acrylic is not the smoothest cut I've ever seen. It is visible to the eye and can be felt easily when running your hand or fingers across the edge. There was also a good amount of swirls already in the acrylic, most likely from being handled during the build and shipping process. And last, it took almost 2 weeks from time of order to receiving the product. It wasn't shipped for over a week after ordering, which was a bit concerning at first considering the lack of history with the business. I don't know if products are made to order or if they just dropped the ball on getting the reservoir packaged and shipped out in a timely manner. Either way, not a huge deal. It's here now and I'm happy with it.

Aside from that, I have no complaints. The openings are great size for any number of pumps, wires, and tubing you need. The viewing window is perfect for observing water levels so you know when to refill. I am very happy with the purchase. I will definitely be a returning customer and would recommend their products to anybody considering.

After recently suffering a major catastrophe and losing all of my fish to velvet, I consider this a win and I'm glad at least something is working out decently for me right now lol.

Almost forgot! I feel like I stole it at only $94 shipped to my door. I had a coupon, which combined with their current sale prices. You can't beat that price point.

20220424_161037.jpg 20220424_161045.jpg 20220424_161050.jpg 20220424_161055.jpg 20220424_161120.jpg 20220424_161258.jpg

Great looking tank! The ATO does blend right in!

Tank aside, I really like your wall and the wood accents!

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

This is a 22 gallon, measuring 12x18x24 inches. My aquarium is a total of 230 gallons between display and sump. It looks great and fits perfectly with the aesthetic. The size is going to be so helpful, now I don't have to refill my small 3 gallon ATO Reservoir every single day and it will clear up space inside the stand.

Glad you found us. As for the slightly rough finish, we are improving our processes with these little products. Most of our products are ultra Large tanks. 350 plus gallons and little things like this are new to us. The good news is we are focusing on these little tanks more and our processes are much improved. As for the lead time, we are extremely busy. All of our products are custom made to order. We recently reduced our second shift to only a couple of days a week and that pushed lead times out even further. Our primary objective is top quality at a reasonable price. Lead times will shorten after we move into our new building. We have several new product families coming to market in the next few months. Watch for the Frags!

outhouse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i used a 7 dollar 10g pale a decade ago, for my 300G set up. ro/di tops it off daily for 30 minutes. my water is clean enough I can get away with short ro water runs. nice thing about 10g is if a float sticks, my sump wont overflow, and my salinity does not get jacked, it cant.

RickG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for posting, going through same dilemma trying to find a affordable ATO for my 240g. No complaints so far?

Natural_Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the 22gal ATO reservoir from Tenecor as well. It took over a month to get but I am happy with the purchase overall. Yes, the edges were a bit sharp so I slightly wet sanded to smooth them out. It matched my tank pretty well and definitely got the wife's approval over the bucket. Plus the 22gal will last me over 3 weeks.
Highly recommended

Attachments

• 20220616_205048.jpg
    20220616_205048.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 72

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Tenecor has been around for decades in fact sold their product at my store and quality is definitely a part of their history

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the 22gal ATO reservoir from Tenecor as well. It took over a month to get but I am happy with the purchase overall. Yes, the edges were a bit sharp so I slightly wet sanded to smooth them out. It matched my tank pretty well and definitely got the wife's approval over the bucket. Plus the 22gal will last me over 3 weeks.
Highly recommended
Thank you for your feedback. Yes, it did take a bit longer than we like. We have a very large backlog right now and recently signed a lease for an additional building. That new space is going to be dedicated to smaller items such as theee ato reservoirs, drop in kits and our new line of frags/lagoons and the nanos. >>> https://tenecoraquariums.com/collections/view-all-frags

And these nanos/picos >>> https://tenecoraquariums.com/collections/aio-nanos-freshwater-view-all

Once we get settled in, lead times should drop to just a couple days. All the best.

>>>

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 108 87.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.4%
Back