tenuis acro Dip okay

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ramon84
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Ramon84

CubanReefer
View Badges
Joined
Dec 11, 2024
Messages
576
Reaction score
270
Location
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good afternoon Reefers!!! I just got my first small tenuis arco and I only have coral rx for dipping I read it to hard on them to dip them I also read that it safe to dip any coral anyone have any advice on this ? Greatly appreciate it !
 
Bumping your post!
 
Upvote 0
I don't dip SPS. I might leave it in a 50/50 tank water and bag water in case there's salinity issues but I just put it in the tank in lower flow and light for a couple of days before its final spot.

Why are you dipping? For bugs or montipora nudi?
 
Upvote 0
For acros...potassium chloride KCl. 2 tablespoons per gallon of dip. 10-15 minutes.

Potassium Chloride KCl https://a.co/d/bYOMQLG


Transform your meals with this gluten-free potassium salt, offering a flavorful alternative to traditional table salt. Check it out on Amazon now! https://a.co/d/8f6IOJp



Ive used both
 
Upvote 0
I dip all new SPS in CoralRx. First I cut it off the plug, dip, and glue in place.
 
Upvote 0
I like Bayer for Acro's. But, tenuis are some of the toughest corals. Good luck.
 
Upvote 0
I did a dip but don’t think the sps liked it to much
Yes, this is the reason why

I wouldn't dip unless there's a reason to. KCl is the best dip as well if I ever needed to. Usually it's a full tank treatment for SPS in my case (interceptor, etc).
 
Upvote 0
Fwiw.....at a minimum...dip every single coral you ever put in your tank...acros especially. All it takes is one thing to sneak in and make you have a bad time.
 
Upvote 0
I agree with @billyocean. Definitely dip everything. Also I agree with potassium chloride as being the best SPS dip.

In the past I have used coral Rx many many times. It is perfectly fine to use as an sps dip. I like the potassium chloride better but I would have no problem using coral rx
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new