Tenuis?

Thats a second vote. I also think so far this is the best possibility. Though I am having a hard time getting good for sure pics of the florida.
That's because everything in Florida is dead thanks to the cruise ships. :zany-face:
At first glance I see a stag but I can also see where tortuosa can be argued.
 
Thats a second vote. I also think so far this is the best possibility. Though I am having a hard time getting good for sure pics of the florida.
In the trade it used to be called "neon or highlighter".
 
I have not seen acropora florida with purplish/blue growth tips so that is why I didn't think florida.
I think I need a bigger tank to own a few more sps for enriching my sps knowledge:beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
 
Doing more research and finding a really nice overseas site Thank you @MissMolly I believe this to be acropora sp. Not sure exactly what that means as if I am not mistaken when they are named like that it means they have not been put into another "sub category" yet?
 
"sp." is just abbreviation for 'species' - it's not specific to one particular unnamed type. It's used both for yet-to-be-described species but also unidentified species (like when genus is known but not species).
Thats what I thought. thanks
 
"sp." is just abbreviation for 'species' - it's not specific to one particular unnamed type. It's used both for yet-to-be-described species but also unidentified species (like when genus is known but not species).
It is strange that all the acropora sp on the sight I found have the same or very close to same corallite and polyp structure, which closely match mine.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 5 35.7%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 21.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new