Tenurepro's Redsea Reefer 250

btmedic04

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah the mp10s do fine on the reefer 250 provided that
1)you suspend them from the little black brackets with zip ties (as per ecotech’s mounting instructions)
2) avoid running them on short pulse mode or nutrient transport mode where the max intensity is 90% or higher... when one pump cycles down to 10% and the opposite pump will be at 90% - the strong water flow hitting the nearly idle pump can sometimes knock it off the glass because the magnets of the Mp10s are not rated for the Redsea reefer 250.

I didn’t consider that as a problem of the mp10 per say in the review because the Mp10s is explicitly not rated for the reefer 250 glass. (Is you can’t fault a product of you are trying to run it above specs). My pumps would occasionally fall (maybe one a month) till I discovered the 90% trick and haven’t fell since. They are sweet pumps!

Awesome and thank you for the tips! I'm planning on running them on opposite sides with one side on constant and the other on reef crest alternating patterns with each other every 6 hours. I haven't decided yet on what percentage but I suspect somewhere around 50-75%

OP
OP
tenurepro

tenurepro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
33094c0283309a3e574c8d10710930b0.jpg

bf2b0277f712d1ad17947282e4aa7408.jpg

7bb541935e6b8b8b1e6cd972cc031610.jpg

OP
OP
tenurepro

tenurepro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3 year countdown! T - 7 days
Here is a new video on light and flow in my Reefer 250

extremetang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yay - my reef tank is 3 years old!

Been following your videos. Nicely done. Nice growth. Is it possible you could also share your flow program/schedule for the gyres. I’m having a hard time setting my gyres like yours.

OP
OP
tenurepro

tenurepro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am almost back from my one month vacation and was likely a few hours away from a full out tank crash! :( something tripped up my apex leading to all major life support systems failing :(. Luckily I had a good neighbor, friend and now super reef hero @WallyB who stepped in and saved the system, although it’s too early to tell if corals suffered... Will do a full report when I get back... #ilovemyapex #ihatemyapex

merereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am almost back from my one month vacation and was likely a few hours away from a full out tank crash! :( something tripped up my apex leading to all major life support systems failing :(. Luckily I had a good neighbor, friend and now super reef hero @WallyB who stepped in and saved the system, although it’s too early to tell if corals suffered... Will do a full report when I get back... #ilovemyapex #ihatemyapex

Damnn!! Hope everything is fine!! Why do tanks crash when you away on vacation

OP
OP
tenurepro

tenurepro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Damnn!! Hope everything is fine!! Why do tanks crash when you away on vacation

Murphy’s law ! I think the issue was caught on time... my biggest concern was a 1 dkh drop in alkalinity in 12 hours - my DOS was showing that it was dosing, when in fact it wasn’t. Briefly - all my equipment hooked up to the 8 ac outlets on the apex power bar stopped working (one by one) skimmer, ato, gyres, dosers, Heater then return...

merereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Murphy’s law ! I think the issue was caught on time... my biggest concern was a 1 dkh drop in alkalinity in 12 hours - my DOS was showing that it was dosing, when in fact it wasn’t. Briefly - all my equipment hooked up to the 8 ac outlets on the apex power bar stopped working (one by one) skimmer, ato, gyres, dosers, Heater then return...

Cant wait for the vid update on it, wonder what you will do to prevent this happening again

Back