Tenurepro's Redsea Reefer 250

btmedic04

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank is looking sweet! I also saw your last video a week or so ago, super scary stuff with the accidental vinegar dose, but I'm glad everything turned out ok.

Also I like that you moved the gyres to the sides. Has that allowed you to turn them up a bit or are you running them at the same levels as when they were on the back wall?

OP
OP
tenurepro

tenurepro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank is looking sweet! I also saw your last video a week or so ago, super scary stuff with the accidental vinegar dose, but I'm glad everything turned out ok.

Also I like that you moved the gyres to the sides. Has that allowed you to turn them up a bit or are you running them at the same levels as when they were on the back wall?
thanks! Yep, i am now running the gyers on alternating mode, with a max of 70% and a min of 30%... before, i had them running at a max of 40%... i really like the new configuration... seems to have helped with some cyano buildup that i would get on the corner rocks by the end of the day

btmedic04

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks! Yep, i am now running the gyers on alternating mode, with a max of 70% and a min of 30%... before, i had them running at a max of 40%... i really like the new configuration... seems to have helped with some cyano buildup that i would get on the corner rocks by the end of the day

I currently have 2x MP10s on opposite sides on my 40B at 50% reefcrest. I've been considering moving them to the back wall and picking up a pair of gyres, but I've been told that would be too much flow for a mixed reef with sand. Maybe on my next tank I'll go SPS dominant and barebottom

OP
OP
tenurepro

tenurepro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have 2x MP10s on opposite sides on my 40B at 50% reefcrest. I've been considering moving them to the back wall and picking up a pair of gyres, but I've been told that would be too much flow for a mixed reef with sand. Maybe on my next tank I'll go SPS dominant and barebottom
I have Fiji pink sand and They are robust enough that the flow doesn’t cause any sand storms

WallyB

REEF Techno-Geek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW. Things look amazing. Growing fast too.

Marvin the Martian is coloring up nicely.

The Anacropora has spread out and grown with great symetry.

Hmmm. That Pacman sure needs some pruning, and I got space in my Empty Tank (TO HELP YOU)
Even enough room for another piece of the Blue Tort :)

OP
OP
tenurepro

tenurepro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW. Things look amazing. Growing fast too.

Marvin the Martian is coloring up nicely.

The Anacropora has spread out and grown with great symetry.

Hmmm. That Pacman sure needs some pruning, and I got space in my Empty Tank (TO HELP YOU)
Even enough room for another piece of the Blue Tort :)
Ask and you shall receive! Thanks @WallyB

OP
OP
tenurepro

tenurepro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@tenurepro I just watched your latest video on cleaning your sump. It looks like you might have quick disconnects to your optical sensors and probes. Is this true? How did you do it?
I wish - I just don’t disconnect them while soaking... the apex brain is mounted in a way that makes it really awkward to unplug and re plug things... cheers!
Amro

emvanburen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Way to go on keeping up the videos. Liked the discussion on alk and dosing. I remember the days before tridents and alkatronic trying to adjust dosing to flatten pH because we could monitor pH. How ironic!

OP
OP
tenurepro

tenurepro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Way to go on keeping up the videos. Liked the discussion on alk and dosing. I remember the days before tridents and alkatronic trying to adjust dosing to flatten pH because we could monitor pH. How ironic!
Yeah a lot has changed over the past couple of years or so... thanks for watching!

drawman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was watching a couple of your videos I'm curious how the sea hare experiment is going?

OP
OP
tenurepro

tenurepro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's too bad. Any idea why?
Not sure - i thought I gave him a proper acclimation... seems like their long term longevity is a bit of a hit or a miss... collection stress ? Shipping issues?

OP
OP
tenurepro

tenurepro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greetings all - hope everyone is doing well! The Redsea Reefer 250 has been a really great tank for me; made many mistakes, learned a few things. Sadly time to let it go. I am planning an upgrade to a waterbox reef 180.5; a substantial bump in size. I’ve started a new build thread for the waterbox here… thanks for joining me on this new journey!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 24 82.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 10.3%
Back