Territorial coral beauty

  • Thread starter Thread starter Colt13
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Colt13

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 11, 2018
Messages
328
Reaction score
279
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a coral beauty that seems territorial, he is also a bully. I believe he had a hand in picking at my ignitus anthias tail and stressing him out to the point he was found dead this morning. I caught the CB and now have him in a diy container in the tank. Will this curb his territorial-ness? How long should I leave him here for? My clowns haven’t really ventured to his big rock that he claimed so they may be scared. rescaping is also not an option
 
Coral beauties are generally mild fish a lot of factors involved with that behavior seen size of the tank aquascape tankmates etc etc
 
Dwarf angels can be aggressive. And acclimation boxes help in some situations.

How big is the tank?
 
38g very similar dimensions to 40 breeder

Generally I wouldn't recommend a coral beauty for that tank size.

The clowns can probably hold their own, but the angel may be hard on other fish.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new