Test kit preferences for 50G SPS (digital vs. analogue)

Robo_Reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all. I've been searching through a tone of posts to try and decide what test kit combination to get and still haven't managed to decide.

I figure I'd get a few hanna checkers (digital) and test the other stuff with a standard set (i.e color charts etc.). I'd be interested to see what combination of digital and/or analogue (color charts) methods that people are using these days.

DeniableArc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all. I've been searching through a tone of posts to try and decide what test kit combination to get and still haven't managed to decide.

I figure I'd get a few hanna checkers (digital) and test the other stuff with a standard set (i.e color charts etc.). I'd be interested to see what combination of digital and/or analogue (color charts) methods that people are using these days.
Hi, Many reefers including myself use Hanna ULR digital checker for phosphate and Hanna ALK checker and then for nitrate calcium magnesium I would recommend Red Sea or salifert. As for salinity I use Hanna Hl198319 but always back it up with a cheap refractometer. Hanna make calcium and nitrate checkers but I have heard negative reviews due to the time and complexity to do a test.

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've used for a very long time now.....

Hanna for ALK, and ULR phosphorus.
Salifert for Calcium, and magnesium.
Red Sea Pro for nitrates, but just received the new high range nitrate tester from hanna, and am very curious to see how it compares to the red sea kit(had the low range niotrate tester, but found the results very inconsostent when doing the dilution method(high range) for that kit).

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 36 30.8%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 32 27.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 41 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.3%
Back