Test kit

reeferreefing27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone I was just curious what the best test kits are? The one I have right now can just 100-300, 10-30, etc. Deppending on which test. Could I get a little help?

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you ever need to treat with copper— and likely at some point you will— the Hanna Copper Checker is leaving everything else in the dust.

Instigate

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For Alk, PO4 and NO3 I like the Red Sea Pro. Red Sea for Ammonia and Salifert for everything else. I've heard good things and would like to try the Hanna Alk, low range PO4 and copper.

Tastee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like Red Sea Pro, lots of folk like Hanna checkers. One thing I am doing from now on however is baselining any new kit or refill against my existing kit. The first Red Sea Phosphate Pro kit I got told me I had 0.08 ppm Phosphates when I had 0.00. The next one I got (which was their new model with different reagents) was accurate.

When I change kits or reagents in future I will baseline against my current ones for a few tests to ensure if there is a seeming variation in accuracy that I can then try to account for it. At least within the margins of precision that we can expect at a hobby grade.

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have tried a few different ones but like Hanna for alkalinity and phosphate (ULR) NYOS for nitrate and currently Red Sea for calcium and magnesium

I like the NYOS so much that when I’ve used the Red Sea kits I’m going to try NYOS for calcium and magnesium as well.

And welcome to R2R as well!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 105 86.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back