Test Kits

dougzfresh

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 1, 2025
Messages
84
Reaction score
37
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Accurate test kit since we all know api isn’t it , btw i have a FWLR
 
Hanna in general are very accurate.
Some are more finicky than others. The Calcuum test falls in this category, but if you follow the directions implicitly, you will have consistently accurate results
 
I like Hanna for everything, but I’m not good at determining colors and color changes since I’ve gotten older.
 
in reality i’m starting to learn these parameter don’t affect my fwlr to much, maybe i just need a hannah for copper levels.
FWIW, I am in the process of bringing my tank that was a FWLR for the last few years to a reef. I can also tell you that Nitrate and Phosphate are the two parameters that i am fighting to bring back under control because i didn't care because it was "just a fish tank".
Nitrate is a big contributor to Hole in the head disease aka HLLE. Phosphate is an issue along with Nitrate as algae food.
You dont have to look far to find a thread asking about how to deal with nuisance algae..
I would pay attention to those two parameters at a bare minimum for not only fish health but keeping unsightly algae at bay..
Just my 2¢>>>
 
in reality i’m starting to learn these parameter don’t affect my fwlr to much, maybe i just need a hannah for copper levels.
Sounds like you are on the right track.
 
in reality i’m starting to learn these parameter don’t affect my fwlr to much, maybe i just need a hannah for copper levels.

That checker is good for medication levels, but seems to often gives false high values at the low and and is not useful for making sure a display tank is low enough in copper.
 
I use API for Ammonia and Nitrite (had Seifert and was actually getting 0 on both when I had some. API has been pretty good for those).

Went Hanna for Alk, Nitrate and Phosphate ULR. VERY happy with those.
Did go Seifert for Mag and Cal.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 5 20.8%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 4 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new