Test run with fish (chemicals)

  • Thread starter Thread starter dogum99
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

dogum99

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 25, 2010
Messages
122
Reaction score
6
Location
Camby IN
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I rebuilt my 200g because of a crack. I used rtv 103. I also made rock walls with pond foam and 2 part epoxy. Just to make sure I bought 3 chromis to be Guinea pigs and make sure all is good before I start transfering my 125 over. How long do you guys think is a good wait period before I give the all clear?
 
It all depends on your test results.
Post some up as we can give you some feedback.
 
I'm more looking for a timeframe. Like a week and I should be good? Maybe longer or shorter?
 
I'm more looking for a timeframe. Like a week and I should be good? Maybe longer or shorter?

I understand but you can't possibility know that without testing.
Some systems are cycled in 5 days using Dr Tim's one and only and some systems using a dead shrimp or LR will take up to weeks some up to three months.
Test for ammonia and nitrite levels.
Understand the cycle process in a key factor of being successful.
 
I've been in salt water for over 7 years. I have plenty of experience with cycling. I am strickly speaking to make sure that anything I used to construct the tank or rock wall wasn't harmful.... I figured by putting in a few cheap fish I could test and make sure it was safe from that standpoint. This has nothing to do with cycling.
 
I've been in salt water for over 7 years. I have plenty of experience with cycling. I am strickly speaking to make sure that anything I used to construct the tank or rock wall wasn't harmful.... I figured by putting in a few cheap fish I could test and make sure it was safe from that standpoint. This has nothing to do with cycling.
Read the package of every material you used for curing time / proper application and usage / applicable uses etc.

If your silicone cures in 24 hours - you would want to wait 24 hours before putting anything in the tank for example. If your silicone says not to submerge under water long-term - you probably wouldn't want to use it to build an aquarium/fix an aquarium issue.

I suppose we could all Google it for you - but nothing is stopping you from doing that :).
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new