Testing out plumbing and sump amounts

FreshSaltyGuy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I need help from someone please. I have my 180 gallon outside for the past few days water testing it. Now I wanted to test everything including my sump capacity. Since the tank is still outside under my covered patio, is it possible to just connect all the drain lines really good and tight without gluing then so I can test water height in sump when power is off etc..
Here is the issue. Since the tank is on a cement pad that is uneven so water flows away from the house. I have to fill the top up almost to the top front rim for it to reach overflows and actually flow. You can see by the pic that the difference in water height from front to back is about a good 1/4" difference. Would it be ok to fill to test? Or?

PXL_20231002_163758175.jpg PXL_20231002_163752726.jpg

Bhuddafunk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are doing a water test I would cement the PVC so that you can properly water test everything. The drain lines will probably not be a problem without cement but your return will have more pressure and greater potential for leaking. Whatever you decide on the water testing I would get the tank leveled ASAP. The uneven level of water will potentially put more strain of lower portion of the tank. Hope this helps.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back