Testing/what next

finley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have just bought some salivary test kits and measured my alkalinity and calcium. The calcium has come back all good at I believe 400-410 but the alkalinity is only 3.2, now my question is, I have “all for reef” but was wondering if anyone know how much of it I am suppose to add ?

Undersea Gardens

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is an extremely low reading for ALK. I would consider doing a few large water changes with a quality salt to bring parameters back to balance. When your alk gets back up to around 7 or so you can start dosing all 4 reef based on their own calculator. Alternatively, you could raise the ALK on its own if your other parameters are all good. Not sure what else you may have on hand other than salt and all for reef. Let us know how it goes. Good luck.

OP
OP
finley

finley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is an extremely low reading for ALK. I would consider doing a few large water changes with a quality salt to bring parameters back to balance. When your alk gets back up to around 7 or so you can start dosing all 4 reef based on their own calculator. Alternatively, you could raise the ALK on its own if your other parameters are all good. Not sure what else you may have on hand other than salt and all for reef. Let us know how it goes. Good luck.
I buy saltwater from my LFS so I will start to make it myself now what would you recommend for salt ? Also do I just use RO from my LFS and mix it wil the salt ?

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 4.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 107 81.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.5%
Back