OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh my it's been ages since I updated this. tank is starting to grow lots of coraline.

biggest news is I got 2X mp40 + battery back up added to the flow still not sure how I want to set up the flow but so far I like the mp40s

added a few more meat corals! still got some cyano on the sand bed as my N&P are basically 0

added 4 more fish this afternoon
~midas bleeny to replace the one that jumped because I did not replace the lid when wroking in the tank. really bummed we loved that fish.

mel.wrasses one of my favorite he doing good cruising the tank.

McCorsters wrasse another one of my favs. hiding but hopefully he come out soon.

blue stare that was basically DOA. opened the bag you could tell it had swim bladder issues added to tank and with in 2-3 min was dead. :( I hate loosing fish ugggg

the other half is an emergency vet, so now she is doing a necropsy on it. maybe we can learn how to fix swim bladders.

i'll get a video of the tank up its been way to long...

Susan Edwards

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice having a vet in the family. My dau is a vet. not into doing fish but great for my dogs and cats lol's. Her husband has a 500g+ set up. Tank looking great. NIce video. Hope the new fish all make it!

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice having a vet in the family. My dau is a vet. not into doing fish but great for my dogs and cats lol's. Her husband has a 500g+ set up. Tank looking great. NIce video. Hope the new fish all make it!
thanks Susan that was here 1st fish. she hates my hobby to would rather I don;t do it. but she tolerates it I guess. that said when I loose she I get "the look"

but yeah it's nice for her cat, but not so much my fish lol. oh well some day i'll get a dog then I'll put her to work. ha

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been a while since I checked in on your build. The house looks good and all done. Your tank is coming along quite well.
thanks! it was quite the project for sure. now if I can just stock my tank.

update on the last fish order the only one that made it was the Midas blenny.
the mel wrasse might be in there but it's been 3 days that it's MIA.

ugg not sure what the issue is getting in fish. might be just the shipping is to much?

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a shipment of 4 torches from a member here R2R i'll post some pics later this eve. when there is not so much light glare coming in from the windows.

on yeah and it's been snowing the last few days and a few more to come. was hoping for some warmer weather so I could get in some fish. just talked to my wrasse dealer we are thinking 2-3 weeks then a nice large order.

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful house, beautiful tank, looking forward to more pics and videos!

Whatcha planning to get in your nice large wrasse order??

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hopefully 3rd time is a charm but:

~C. isosceles- Splendid Pintail Fairy Wrasse ( I had one for quie a few months went on vacation over Xmass came home no pintail.)

~P. mccoskeri “McCosker’s Flasher”

H. melanurus “Melanurus Wrasse”

IDK maybe a few more if he gets some in.

I have credit at 2 suppliers I need to get fish in the tank.

I read on FB someone was having issues with there flame hawk fish I have never seen any aggression to new or old fish but i'll keep an eye out.

I really thought my last mel. was gonna make it. was swinging around the tank when i added just fine for a few hours went to bed to never been seen again.

youcallmenny1

The Lobster
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking really good! I have a P650 as well. If you'd like a suggestion based on my experience with that system, mounting a gyre on the weir-end pointing at the overflow helps a lot. Getting colliding flow is almost impossible otherwise. I'm following your thread. I really need to get a build thread up one of these days.

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking really good! I have a P650 as well. If you'd like a suggestion based on my experience with that system, mounting a gyre on the weir-end pointing at the overflow helps a lot. Getting colliding flow is almost impossible otherwise. I'm following your thread. I really need to get a build thread up one of these days.

yeah I have been playing around with flow lately. I did move one Gyre to the short end flowing back to the Mp40 and other gyre did not like it much.

right now I am runing one MP40 on once side and one gyre with a 4 sec deley on gyre mode on the other.

the other mp40 is still new in box I was hoping I would love them more than I do. i'll keeo playing around I bit my flow is not bad pretty good for a LPD dom. tank but if I ever want to go full SPS It will not be good when they grow out.

youcallmenny1

The Lobster
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah I have been playing around with flow lately. I did move one Gyre to the short end flowing back to the Mp40 and other gyre did not like it much.

right now I am runing one MP40 on once side and one gyre with a 4 sec deley on gyre mode on the other.

the other mp40 is still new in box I was hoping I would love them more than I do. i'll keeo playing around I bit my flow is not bad pretty good for a LPD dom. tank but if I ever want to go full SPS It will not be good when they grow out.
Yea it's been a challenge getting it right. Still, fun having 3 big visible sides!

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
up date on the flow in the 650P as of now i am back to running the Biggest gyres on 4 sec. Gyre mode mounted vertical on each end of the overflow.

I might just keep it at that I still have 1 mp40 in the tank. and a new unopened unit along with a fresh dry side and battery back up. wish I liked the Mp40s more.
to be honest I did not try both as once it wet I cant return it if I decide i dont like it. nor did I use the app some say there are more features with the app?

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another update looks like I am having a seam failure!
not fun was about to place a large order of fish.
the good news is Red Sea has been great to work with.
They offered me two options

1. Replace with the newer model with the floating seam support and seam guards. (Wish it was the G2 sump tho.)

2. 4K towards a different RS tank.

I thought about the S 100O for bit and running it like a peninsula but decided against that.

I am not looking forward to the tank transfer or moving 2 tanks uggg
But I am very happy with RS thinking about even picking up the new G2 300 for a seahorse tank!

DE98758B-744A-4C2D-964A-0B2C7D8A6552.jpeg

C02F6C90-F5EC-452E-99A7-728D1D4CFC5E.jpeg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 41 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 15 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 144 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.6%
Back