Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got some goodies in today!
My box of IO reef crystals showed up as well as the filter media cups and the sock holder.

cc38adda8117acc80434569345566f52.jpg
399c0718bd3f558d1149c4e421a1a5fb.jpg
67fc35c0efa69beb74668793475dca2a.jpg
b1061245c501b66017adc455c699da00.jpg

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
now just need to get:
the poly fill for the media cup.
panty hose for the carbon ( yes it works great and cheap too )
order my sump baffles
decide on the overflow. uhg I keep going back in forth on this one , but pretty sure i will drill the tank with the modular marine .

samnaz

Earthling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear about your lady troubles. More time for reefing isn't a bad thing though heh ;)

I just ordered the 1200gph model from Modular Marine. I originally ordered the Eclipse S but returned it because I want 3 drains, and I considered the eclipse L but MM seemed like a better choice after doing some digging... Why did you choose Eclipse?

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well I have not bought it yet I was gonna go with MM but they were not making anything for a while I thought they might be out of biz or something. now that there back I prob. will go with them.

having to drilling 2 holes with MM what was making me lean towards eclipse tho..

samnaz

Earthling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well I have not bought it yet I was gonna go with MM but they were not making anything for a while I thought they might be out of biz or something. now that there back I prob. will go with them.

having to drilling 2 holes with MM what was making me lean towards eclipse tho..
If you can drill one hole, you can drill two! I haven't taken a stab at it yet but I'm confident it will be a breeze just so long as you take all the proper precautions, invest in all the helpful tools, and watch as many videos and read as much as you can beforehand. Anyone can do it.

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone this project has been put on the back burner. I have been traveling alot ,parents are not doing well, new girlfriend :D renovating a investment property so yeah life has gotten busy. SH tank not forgotten just not priority at the moment.

dont want to jump in before I have time to take care of the little guys...

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone this project has been put on the back burner. I have been traveling alot ,parents are not doing well, new girlfriend :D renovating a investment property so yeah life has gotten busy. SH tank not forgotten just not priority at the moment.
dont want to jump in before I have time to take care of the little guys...
Hey, sounds like you are making a wise choice. Seahorse tanks are best set up when their keepers can offer them stability and it sounds like you have lots of things to juggle in your life.

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, sounds like you are making a wise choice. Seahorse tanks are best set up when their keepers can offer them stability and it sounds like you have lots of things to juggle in your life.

yeah as much as I really want a SH tank and have invested alot of money and time into it now is not the right time.
lets see what the next few months bring.

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
funny to see your build thread that never got set up. :( still thinking about setting one up tho.
might have to take down the 90 cube to redoen the floor so was just thinking maybe it time to set it up as a SH tank...

then got to looking at some FB seahorse groups and now I am back here. haha
dang I really want a seahorse tank.

and I think I may have found the solution for the feeding. a DIY auto frozen feeder.
i'll see if I can post a viedo I found a few weeks back. if I could get this working then its a 100% for sure a go!!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.7%
Back