Tetrasoma Gibbosus - the Hovercraft cowfish.

  • Thread starter Thread starter killyfish
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

killyfish

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 27, 2020
Messages
8
Reaction score
20
Location
Gloucestershire
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Several years ago, I kept a large specimen of this fish in my fish only tank and it thrived for several years with no issues (apart from getting a bit fed up with the cleaner wrasses' attentions!), and yet today I see dire warnings that they will poison your whole tank at the merest provocation. When my fish died, he still didn't exude any toxins into the tank as far as I know and I just removed his body from the tank and gave him a decent burial! The same can also be said about boxfishes, such as Ostracion cubicus - anyone here have any experience of this please?
 
I'd love to read about people's experiences with these!
 
I have had a spotted cow fish before, when it died it didn't wipe out the tank. It had a ton of personality and got along great with the orbic batfish and everything else in the tank
 
Cubicus on the want list, but have always been wary of the whole toxin warning. Glad to read stories where folks have been successful. Just wish we had more details from those who have experienced some toxin event to learn from for other to avoid.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new