TGC Orange Creamsicle. Let's see em!

  • Thread starter Thread starter SamMule
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I'm sort of meh with mine, it's too big.
PXL_20251218_012128375.jpg
It's based out very very wide, small branches finally starting.
 
Here's mine. It was definitely a slow starter. It mostly encrusted for the first year or so, just shooting off little branches. It has been growing pretty well for me for a while at this point, and the branches are getting much longer and more shapely. It's in the top left of the straight on shot, just to show the shape it's getting after some time.

I have too many really nice acros that I need to appropriately place in my crowded display, so it may wind up getting demoted out of the prime spot it is in. It's nice, but it's not one of my top 5 acros or anything. Even smoking it with high flow and ~500 par, I still find it to be more green and cream than orange even now that's it's fully settled and growing well.
 

Attachments

  • orange-creamsicle-top.jpg.png
    orange-creamsicle-top.jpg.png
    834.2 KB · Views: 49
  • acro-display1.jpg
    acro-display1.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 50
Here's mine. It was definitely a slow starter. It mostly encrusted for the first year or so, just shooting off little branches. It has been growing pretty well for me for a while at this point, and the branches are getting much longer and more shapely. It's in the top left of the straight on shot, just to show the shape it's getting after some time.

I have too many really nice acros that I need to appropriately place in my crowded display, so it may wind up getting demoted out of the prime spot it is in. It's nice, but it's not one of my top 5 acros or anything. Even smoking it with high flow and ~500 par, I still find it to be more green and cream than orange even now that's it's fully settled and growing well.
I'm right there with you - its getting moved to lower flow/light/3rd world real estate in favor of some tenuis lol.
 
I'm right there with you - its getting moved to lower flow/light/3rd world real estate in favor of some tenuis lol.
Ha!!! I hear you. I have a POTO Flamethrower that I keep thinking would look really good where it is. LOL!!!!
 
Isn't it funny how every picture looks like a completely different coral 😂. No wonder it is so hard to identify different species.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 29.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 8 8.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new