thanks again Fred!!!

customcolor

The coRal nuT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
after wanting the 150 from you and planning it out for the last many months now the puck is in my court now :smile: now just be patient to wait for the build cuz you will see your old tank turn into something of beauty :xd:

yes every one.....the 125 will be replaced with a 150 extra tall done as a room divider..Peninsula style

so yes there will be some things for sale from the 125 like my closed loop (dolphin 2800 pump and a om super squirt) and the stand will go for sale too....as for the tank.........there will be no sale on that cuz i have a REALLY big secret on that that tells me that no one will want it...........its cracked from top to bottom on the back from when i drilled the second drain hole for the cal flo over flow...yep its ben that way from when the first drops of water has be in it.

it has never leaked!!!!!! with 4 sheets of 1/8" glass siliconed to it (2 inside and 2 on the outside) plus the cement that stuck to the glass gave it the streangth to handle the times.......now wasnt that just the bigest secret you have ever heard of :neutral:

so yes you can fix a crack in a tank...just need lots of glass, silicone, and cement :squigglemouth:

Fishcrazy06

Reefing Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmm I am picking up a regular OM squirt. But what would you want for the super squirt? LOL Can't wait to see what the DIY Guru comes up with this time!

Eric

OP
OP
customcolor

customcolor

The coRal nuT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i think ill be asking about 100 for the super...its got plumming glued to it and i have had it for 2 years.heck there 250 new! it will be around early winter or later (spring maybe but i dont know how the tank will take the cold outside in the garage)

i have big plans for this tall shorty!!! the one big one is foam of coarse!! and the other will deal with solar powered karila movers (hoping to get that working good) im going to try to make this tank more energy efficient. thats the whole goal of a 4' tank over a 6' but ill have 25 more gallons of water to deal with :D

Fishcrazy06

Reefing Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I remember when I asked him what he was going to do with his tank and he told me it was cracked! I was quite shocked to say the least Quite!!!!!

Eric

OP
OP
customcolor

customcolor

The coRal nuT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Holy crap - you're serious, aren't you?!?!? You really have a cracked 125 in your living room - did your wife know? Wow... you have some major cajones my friend! MAJOR!!!
my wife has known since fred first posted the 150 on rc...that was my drive from me to her. i had that sucker outside for 3 months running water in it just to check it out.....i know i got a big pair :wink:

PrisonCityReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow Custom, that is a big risk!

Keeping the same lighting or selling it with the hood/stand and trying something else?

OP
OP
customcolor

customcolor

The coRal nuT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the only lighting that i will not be using is the single 175w...the radiums in the diy luminarc reflectors that there in are VERY bright and i have no worry about how deep they will reach...heck i cant keep acans up stairs under them....they just melt!!

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 111 74.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back