Thanks BRS

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Bouncingsoul39

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been watching just about every BRS Investigates Youtube video over the last week and I'm really enjoying them. Man, the hobby has needed something like this for a long time. It's really great to see things being thoughtfully and systematically tested. Keep up the great work guys! A couple suggestions and ideas for future BRS Investigates:
  • What we aren't testing: Organic compounds and other chemicals in our water besides the industry standards and minor and major elements. Even Triton is limited. Surely there are other things in our water we aren't testing or that we aren't aware of that can be affecting fish and corals.
  • Along similar lines, look further into the discoloration of water over time
  • Head to head protein skimmer testing: do cone shape, wine glass shape, bubble plates really increase skimmate production over something like a basic old school ASM skimmer?
  • What can we add to top-off water to be auto dosed by the ATO along with the RO/DI being added to compensate for evaporation?
  • Zeovit Coral Snow and similar products that promise increased clarity. What exactly are they and what are they doing?

randyBRS

BRStv Host :-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been watching just about every BRS Investigates Youtube video over the last week and I'm really enjoying them. Man, the hobby has needed something like this for a long time. It's really great to see things being thoughtfully and systematically tested. Keep up the great work guys! A couple suggestions and ideas for future BRS Investigates:
  • What we aren't testing: Organic compounds and other chemicals in our water besides the industry standards and minor and major elements. Even Triton is limited. Surely there are other things in our water we aren't testing or that we aren't aware of that can be affecting fish and corals.
  • Along similar lines, look further into the discoloration of water over time
  • Head to head protein skimmer testing: do cone shape, wine glass shape, bubble plates really increase skimmate production over something like a basic old school ASM skimmer?
  • What can we add to top-off water to be auto dosed by the ATO along with the RO/DI being added to compensate for evaporation?
  • Zeovit Coral Snow and similar products that promise increased clarity. What exactly are they and what are they doing?

Thank you so much!! We love doing these videos and we have quite the list of more to come!

These are great ideas. I'm really interested in the furtherance of our hobby's testing kits and standards. If I understand ORP correctly, it is a good "ballpark" metric for organic trends and fluctuations in our tank but isn't very finite. It would be great to see what else companies like Red Sea or Hanna could come up with for organic tests. :)

-Randy

bif24701

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you so much!! We love doing these videos and we have quite the list of more to come!

These are great ideas. I'm really interested in the furtherance of our hobby's testing kits and standards. If I understand ORP correctly, it is a good "ballpark" metric for organic trends and fluctuations in our tank but isn't very finite. It would be great to see what else companies like Red Sea or Hanna could come up with for organic tests. :)

-Randy

Absolutely. That's a great point.

Along that line, H2O2 dosing for cyano control. I've heard Mike Palletta himself recently say that he uses it successfully, though he still uses Miracle Mud, LOL JK Mike! we all love you!

GoPitt88

Pitt Basketball is BACK!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've learned SO much by watching their videos. Ryan is a Rock Star! [emoji16]

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've learned SO much by watching their videos. Ryan is a Rock Star!
emoji16.png
after seeing an early video...............
His mom must be very proud! ........and happy to get him out of the house.

Rob77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've learned SO much by watching their videos. Ryan is a Rock Star! [emoji16]
ryan is a rockstar for sure haha everytime @Ryanbrs says ''you want this or that for free'' I think he is talking to me ! hahaha hasnt worked out for me yet though but Im hoping each and every week .......BRS are awesome people for sure

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 145 61.2%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 66 27.8%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 83 35.0%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 41 17.3%
  • Other

Votes: 64 27.0%
Back