OP
OP
nikki7181

nikki7181

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! Yea trial by fire is always heartbreaking. I remember when I lost my first fish to jumping because I didn't know I needed a lid. He was one of my favorite fish with such a great personality.

Advice I can give you, ask tons of questions! Only stupid question is one not asked!
The questions have only come up once I realized there was a problem. I lost almost everything in the first couple of months after a nitrate spike.

Seffner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef 2 Reef!

giphy.gif

I've been very impressed with how patient and polite folks are on here when someone asks for advice. Even when they tell you you made mistakes, they do it in a way that is meant to help you get better at the hobby.

OP
OP
nikki7181

nikki7181

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef 2 Reef!

giphy.gif

I've been very impressed with how patient and polite folks are on here when someone asks for advice. Even when they tell you you made mistakes, they do it in a way that is meant to help you get better at the hobby.
Constructive criticism is always welcome here. It helps you grow

I’ma tempermental coral

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!! That’s quite a handful you’ve got there!!! Hopefully your reef tank can become your relaxation zone after carding for all those amazing animals!!! And trial by fire with a reef tank is a rough path to travel!!! Ask your questions, observe your system and remain patient!!! Eventually you will reach a point where just by looking at your reef you will see things and recognize a potential issue before it happens!
E2187218-C97B-47D7-B099-31590704FBDE.gif

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 22.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 65 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 62 32.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.1%
Back