The “Cloves and the Fishes” a constant challenge!!!

Glenner’sreef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Blue Clove Polyp problem. They were pretty when they first showed up. But now they cover a quarter of my tank. My wife loves them. Some reefers love them. They’re non-toxic even if they touch my other corals…..and they do!!! Blue Sympodium are the evil twin of Blue clove polyps. They sting corals. My Blue Clove Polyps are just invasive.

I have some of the most beautiful fish in the industry. I’ve had them for years. Colorful and seriously blemish free. They swim around totally oblivious to my ongoing concern. What a contrast. They help distract me from my blue plague.

1. Do you have issue/issues out of your control in this amazing hobby?
1D93889E-830D-4FC0-9BF7-8CC988F64E07.jpeg

OP
OP
Glenner’sreef

Glenner’sreef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A carpet of blue cloves is a beautiful thing... if they're not yours!

I have a running battle with pandora zoas. Constantly trying to mash them and poison them with aptasia x.
I feel your pain!!! AptasiaX huh? Hmmm? :D

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most of my rockwork is covered in mainly sps.

I battle green disco mushrooms. They relase and kill whatever they touch. I remove as many as I can but many are behind the rockwork now.

Quite a few clove polyps but they do not bother anything as far as I can tell.

Quite a few green eyed palys I think they are anyway.

Some mujanos too.

Had hundreds of asteria stars but my pair of harlequin shrimp are reducing them fairly quick.

Monti nudis that had me remove as many montis as I can. I kill them when I see them.
I only have 3 montis left as they cant be removed.
The one on the overflow is taking most of the abuse.

Some Aiptasia that I cant reach. When I can the only thing that works is super glue.
I swear I have one in the back of my tank that could host a clownfish. Its 3" diameter easily.

Other than that tank does not seem to care and is doing well and will be 2.5 years old this month.

Took this yesterday.
20211127_153746.jpg

Last edited:

sculpin01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clove polyps that you don’t want to kill, star polyps, Accrosota, etc. Basically anything (from Octocorallia) that spreads by mat or stolon. It also deworms your fish and tank and can kill snails and echinoderms.

OP
OP
Glenner’sreef

Glenner’sreef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clove polyps that you don’t want to kill, star polyps, Accrosota, etc. Basically anything (from Octocorallia) that spreads by mat or stolon. It also deworms your fish and tank and can kill snails and echinoderms.
Luckily, I have a frag tank that I can move things to…. during the extermination!!!:oops:

troublemaker

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the what I call Fireworks version, it's something I wish had never gone in the tank. It went from 5 to thousands in 2 years.

Back