The aF4 Auto Frozen Fish Food Feeder

Sashaka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you feed frozen food by broadcast feeding or if you need a babysitter to feed your tank when you go out of town, here is a great solution...but only if the goal for funding is met in the next 8 days! I've pledged and hope you will too. Check it out. :

JP Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree. I pledged, and I hope to see this make it. An auto feeder that feeds frozen cubes for under $300 if you pledge.

vonjankmon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Backed it as well, this could be a significant game changer for keeping livestock that requires frequent feeding. Being able to feed frozen food, which is much better for our livestock than dry food 2-4 times a day could open up options to a lot of people and make our existing live stock that have managed to survive on fewer feedings much healthier. For me personally it is going to make care of my seahorses much better. Fish like Wrasse's and Anthias will benefit a lot too and honestly most fish are used to grazing over the course of the day, several smaller feedings would be much better for all of our live stock, whether they require frequent feeding or not.

Jon Fishman

Cleveland Ohio, buy/sell local!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it works, I’d be inclined to feed with this exclusively. I feel like I feed too mich at one time due to the fact that I don’t know when i will be around for the next feeding

Mr4000

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I pledged, i mainly feed frozen food, and having the XL model i will be able to feed on both ends of my 8 ft tank. They still need 2800 to fund. Actually you can pledge 219 for one and thats not a bad price for frozen fish feeder!

LobsterOfJustice

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I looked at it and was interested, but couldn’t find a lot of details about how it worked, how long it lasted, how much it feeds, controllability options, etc.

JP Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I looked at it and was interested, but couldn’t find a lot of details about how it worked, how long it lasted, how much it feeds, controllability options, etc.
It uses a thermo-electric chiller to keep the frozen food frozen inside the carousel which then rotates and drops the frozen cube into the tank based on when you want to feed. The carousels are changeable to account for the amount of frozen and how much you want to feed. As long as the chiller has power and the heat sink works it will keep the food frozen forever. It has it's own programmable controller. It looks like they have added the ability to have a master slave relationship to allow a 2nd feeder to be added.

OP
OP
Sashaka

Sashaka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How does one inquire. Just email them?

If you click on the picture in my original post, it will take you to the their site. Once there, click on the "updates" tab and then click on the individual updates to read more and see their videos. This product will not make it to people's tanks or production unless it manages to be funded before the deadline date listed on the site. So if people like the product, they must take the plunge and pledge. They need 40, 000 and are still short by a few thousand dollars with only 7 days left.

Last edited:

JP Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am going to bump this up. Only need like 2 or 3 people to pledge and this gets moving. It is so close.

OP
OP
Sashaka

Sashaka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
only $600 left but only 3 days left to pledge.

OP
OP
Sashaka

Sashaka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
aF4 hit their goal of $40,000 pledges! Thank you everyone who took the plunge. Production is a go!

Mr4000

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This will be great to be able to feed through out the day and have it hooked up to the apex. Can't wait to start beta testing!!

MentalNote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great to hear that this hit it's goal!

A late bump and support for an aquarium entrepreneur.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 20.6%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 169 72.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 5.2%
Back