DSC_0232-1.jpg
DSC_0231-1.jpg

DSC_0236-1.jpg

StephanieRodriguez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just had a bad angelfish experience, I added a YWG to my tank and my Pygmy angel went ballistic and just kept slamming him against the glass and chasing him all over. I ended up taking my Pygmy out and returning him to the LFS. But!!! I still really want an angel! Is there any recommendations of a dwarf angel that is less aggressive?

Paul87

Fellow Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just had a bad angelfish experience, I added a YWG to my tank and my Pygmy angel went ballistic and just kept slamming him against the glass and chasing him all over. I ended up taking my Pygmy out and returning him to the LFS. But!!! I still really want an angel! Is there any recommendations of a dwarf angel that is less aggressive?
Sorry to hear that! Hope the little goby is OK. Only ones I can think of are the pygmy, flame back, flames, and potter's. Unfortunately I think it's hit or miss on all of them. I have a potter's and he isn't mean to any of my other fish. Good luck!

Lundf2y.jpg

StephanieRodriguez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My coral beauty plays nice but once again hit or miss
Is my tank going to be able to hold a coral beauty? Right now my stock include:
-sunburst Anthias
-YWG
-Cleaner shrimp and pistol shrimp
-two clowns
-Green Mandarin
-Yellow tang, moving to my upgrade tank soon

StephanieRodriguez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear that! Hope the little goby is OK. Only ones I can think of are the pygmy, flame back, flames, and potter's. Unfortunately I think it's hit or miss on all of them. I have a potter's and he isn't mean to any of my other fish. Good luck!

Lundf2y.jpg
He's okay, he actually jumped out right onto the floor, but seems to be calming down. I got a pistol shrimp and am hoping they pair up soon. We shall see! Thanks for the info!

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll look into a Potters then! Love the pattern and coloring
They're like regals, won't touch much food when first brought in. Mine didnt eat at all for 2 weeks of QT but when I put him in the main tank, he started grazing on the rocks and then mimicked the other fish eating. Now he's eating like a pig.

They almost do best going immediately into an established tank without a dominant fish that may intimidate it but you risk the diseases/parasites.

neuwave

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my pair , had to sell it when relocating :( , looking for another pair now.

fish1_zps3963ae8f.jpg

fish_zps74f4c83c.jpg

fts11_zps94e1f1bf.jpg

Nice Angels, sorry you had to give them up. I remember this build, it was coming along nicely. Hope you get anther pair soon.

mattyt312

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New to r2r I'm Matt got a 150 fowlr and love Angels. My favorites are blue face and queen Angels

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 79 44.9%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 81 46.0%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 16 9.1%
Back