The Angel Lovers Thread

spartanman22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any tips on getting a Multibar trio to eat? The largest nibbled on some garlic soaked spirulina brine this weekend, but the smaller two have only been grazing.

They are in my office tank which is a 15 gallon long (32"). They will be kept here for a the remainder of the month then either moved into my QT or into the DT depending on if any symptoms develop.

I've tried spirulina brine, mysis, carnivore blend, RODs, LRS, fresh little neck clams, and New Life Soectrum pellets.

Any other suggestions? I'm going to pickup some roe from the local Asian market. I've had good luck with that in the past. All attempted foods have been soaked in Seachem garlic guard.

I'm going to bring some smaller pieces of LR from my DT to give them some more to graze on.

2d37cc05dbde0a1e202a59d5f43665ce.jpg

Rattooth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any tips on getting a Multibar trio to eat? The largest nibbled on some garlic soaked spirulina brine this weekend, but the smaller two have only been grazing.

They are in my office tank which is a 15 gallon long (32"). They will be kept here for a the remainder of the month then either moved into my QT or into the DT depending on if any symptoms develop.

I've tried spirulina brine, mysis, carnivore blend, RODs, LRS, fresh little neck clams, and New Life Soectrum pellets.

Any other suggestions? I'm going to pickup some roe from the local Asian market. I've had good luck with that in the past. All attempted foods have been soaked in Seachem garlic guard.

I'm going to bring some smaller pieces of LR from my DT to give them some more to graze on.

Nori on clip. Live rock . ( algae and other critters on live rock. )
Place with other peaceful fish that eat well. Behavior can be learned.

spartanman22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Id like to place in the DT but I've got two more weeks of fallow. I'm just trying to get it through these 2 weeks then I won't be too worried about it as there will be other fish and plenty of LR.

lo7100

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did the fishes eat before you recieved it?

spartanman22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I was told they were picking at ocean nutrition angel formula so I've been trying to find it locally. They look interested in food. The smallest started nibbling at all the really tiny pieces.

AJQ69

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine eats whatever it hits the water, from seaweed,pellets or homebrew frozen food. Don't give up,mine hid for a couple of days and swimming upside in some of the cave areas like a bat.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Beautiful fish!

Blainpeters801

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you think the "safest" Angel would be for an SPS tank? I've heard once they get a taste for coral they don't stop. Really enjoy flame angels though

Mr tap water

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I had to pick one I would say the Bellus as been 100% safe for me ,but to be honest all the other angels have been very good considering The only one that looks like I'm going to have trouble with is the blue face at the moment.

Mr tap water

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to know has anyone ever experience this when first buying my blue face angel it was mature and more into an adult stage but over the last three months has gone back to the juveniles and was wondering what could cause this The first picture was how it looked when I bought it and the second is how it looks now three months later.
87b186c1169abb157629f84baea66894.png
4d4710334c98781dc78bea7824814114.jpg

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to know has anyone ever experience this when first buying my blue face angel it was mature and more into an adult stage but over the last three months has gone back to the juveniles and was wondering what could cause this The first picture was how it looked when I bought it and the second is how it looks now three months later.
87b186c1169abb157629f84baea66894.png
4d4710334c98781dc78bea7824814114.jpg
Are there any other large angels in the tank? This can sometimes happen to avoid confrontation with another large angel.

Mr tap water

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are there any other large angels in the tank? This can sometimes happen to avoid confrontation with another large angel.
That was the logical lines I was thinking along , The funny thing is now he's turned back he is chasing my majestic where the majestic was holding his own in the beginning .
thank you.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 41.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 21 21.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 34.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.1%
Back