The Angel Lovers Thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter Aquaph8
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Great looking fish. I, myself, will be adding several angelfish to my 400 gallon tank soon. Is your 900g tank glass or acrylic? How is your aggression between the emperor and queen angel? I am going to add both too.
The 900g is acrylic. No aggression between any of the fish while they were in the 900. Separated currently while I move the 900g home, but they've been together for a few years in there.
 
@Fishfreak2009 I didn't realize you were just "up the road" from me. Quite a few of us Michiganders here on R2R.
Yup! Michigan born and raised! Once the 900g is up and running, I may invite some of the local reefer group (Southeast Michigan Reefers) over to check it out!
 
Can I get advice? I want a dwarf angel, something colorful and chill. I have a 72gal bowfront, with a fistfull of mollies, a rabbitfish, and a red cardinal fish. I'm torn between a Bicolor, an Eibli, or a coral beauty. I'm not super concerned with corals, if they get et they get et. The tank has a good amount of live rock, and I will be adding more with the new fish.
are you opposed to a flame angel?
 
Just sharing some photos of my group!

Tiger, goldflake, joculator, pair of regals, and a blue line that I suspect is a maze!



IMG_8562.jpeg

IMG_8561.jpeg

IMG_8559.jpeg
 
The 900g is acrylic. No aggression between any of the fish while they were in the 900. Separated currently while I move the 900g home, but they've been together for a few years in there.
Wish them and you all well in the move. Remember to keep an eye on the PH. Just had an issue with it in a quarantine tank. Beautiful wish I lived near you.
 
So funny how the 'mid-mash' of colors and broken up patterns combine to make this one of the BEST looking fish out there. What a prize! 👍🏻👍🏻
 
It loves nori…so I feed that everyday along with some PE mysis and LRS.
You know, my majestic angelfish loves it too, almost as much as the Tangs in the tank. I was surprised by this.
 
You know, my majestic angelfish loves it too, almost as much as the Tangs in the tank. I was surprised by this.
I have an emperor and goldflake in a different system and they like it as well…like you said just about as much as the tangs.

Getting a Black Phantom Angel from Poma Labs tomorrow…we’ll see if it likes nori as well.
 
I have an emperor and goldflake in a different system and they like it as well…like you said just about as much as the tangs.

Getting a Black Phantom Angel from Poma Labs tomorrow…we’ll see if it likes nori as well.
Haven't heard of Poma labs. They have hardy fish? They do full QT?
 
Haven't heard of Poma labs. They have hardy fish? They do full QT?
They breed angels. That’s the only thing they do.

It’s owned/operated by Dr. Matt Wittenrich who has been breeding fish for a long time and written some books on it.

Some of the angels Biota sells are from Poma Labs. Biota offers a 7-day guarantee, Poma Labs offers 30 days. I figured I’d buy it directly from the source. That way it doesn’t go touch any other tanks.
 
They breed angels. That’s the only thing they do.

It’s owned/operated by Dr. Matt Wittenrich who has been breeding fish for a long time and written some books on it.

Some of the angels Biota sells are from Poma Labs. Biota offers a 7-day guarantee, Poma Labs offers 30 days. I figured I’d buy it directly from the source. That way it doesn’t go touch any other tanks.
Interesting. Have you bought from them before? Would be interested in how hardy they are.
 
Upgrading my 240g to a 900g I am getting from a local Hobbyist who is moving and leaving the hobby. It came with some gorgeous fish (including a bunch of beautiful large angels) I moved home over the weekend, so I can get the tank torn down and moved to my home. Really hoping the maculosus get along with one another!
Seems like a safe bet that both of those big maculosus have transitioned to dominant males. Do you have a plan B?

That really is fabulous fish collection!
 
Seems like a safe bet that both of those big maculosus have transitioned to dominant males. Do you have a plan B?

That really is fabulous fish collection!
Yes, I will separate if needed. Gonna see how it goes. Hoping the 900g is enough space for both with lots of other angels as a distraction.

Already have a 10" lunula trigger, 8" pinkface wrasse, and 3.5" beau gregory living in a separate system at the moment because they won't be entering the 900g
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new