The Angel Lovers Thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter Aquaph8
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1452880732.544517.jpg

My Coral Beauty!! Sorry for the bad picture. Will try to get a better one soon
 
Next year when I get my dream tank. I am currently tankless I will have 3 angels in my 315. A Emperor a Koran and a Passor or Queen.
 
My newly acquired ultra coral beauty from LA Divers Den...just delivered yesterday morning. I love his over saturated royal blue coloring even on his pelvic fins (which are typically orange) and his flame angel red sides. It looks like a hybrid of a Coral Beauty Angelfish and Fiji Midnight Blue Angelfish (Centropyge deborae- which was only recently discovered to be a new species) That would explain the pelvic fins being blue and of all my searches of Coral Beauty hybrids all having orange pelvic fins until I saw this one. That's why I had to jump on it.
image.jpeg
 
Last edited:
My newly acquired ultra coral beauty from LA Divers Den...just delivered yesterday morning. I love his over saturated royal blue coloring even on his pelvic fins (which are typically orange) and his flame angel red sides. It looks like a hybrid of a Coral Beauty Angelfish and Fiji Midnight Blue Angelfish (Centropyge deborae- which was only recently discovered to be a new species) That would explain the pelvic fins being blue and of all my searches of Coral Beauty hybrids all having orange pelvic fins until I saw this one. That's why I had to jump on it.
image.jpeg

Thata a gorgeous coral beauty! Is it eating for you yet?
 
My newly acquired ultra coral beauty from LA Divers Den...just delivered yesterday morning. I love his over saturated royal blue coloring even on his pelvic fins (which are typically orange) and his flame angel red sides. It looks like a hybrid of a Coral Beauty Angelfish and Fiji Midnight Blue Angelfish (Centropyge deborae- which was only recently discovered to be a new species) That would explain the pelvic fins being blue and of all my searches of Coral Beauty hybrids all having orange pelvic fins until I saw this one. That's why I had to jump on it.
image.jpeg
That's a beauty! Nice find.
 
I have seen tanks where there is more than one angel in the tank how do u introduce them
 
I've been told that different types (Holocanthus, Pomacanthus, Genicanthus, etc) mix better than just getting one type, but I have seen tanks with had the same and had no problems. I've also heard that if not adding them at the same time, it is best to start with a smaller and make the next addition larger.
I have a Rusty and Lamark so far and plan to add another Angel (not sure which yet).
 
I have 4 in my tank without any problems so far all went in the tank at different times. Coral beauty,Lamarck x2,watanbei sorry forget one my emp that's the bully but only to my copperband
 
Last edited:
+1 on the above I have observed the exact same ,... My large 10" emperor excepted a 3' regal , 4" bandit and a3" blue line , but would not tolerate another smaller emperor changing 4-5 " or a 7" pesonifer Angel. I have a zebra pair as well but I don't think this is an issue. Time will tell as the other angels grow if they will live happily.

If your planning to add a similar sized angel to what you have a good tip is to move some rock around , ... To set new territories... Also read this works.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new