The best advise for a reefer is IN THIS THREAD!

ZoaFan08

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you decide to wash out your skimmer cup that you have not washed out for 3 weeks in the kitchen sink at midnight FOR THE LOVE OF GOD remember to wash out the sink. Lets just say my wife was not very happy this morning.....

Reefstang

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol

I dumped mine out before in the toilet and forgot to flush...GF threw up lol (she was ticked!)

m and m

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did it stain? i emptyed my collection cup out once on my marbol sink and didnt clean it all up and next morning wham! a few little spots of a drk coffie left there, it took about 30 mins to get out./

Elan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my brother got some NASTY pink eye when he got back from college one summer.

we never really figured out why............. :beat_shot:

acronautical

acronautical
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About three months ago I was completing a water change/skimmer collection cup routine. Usually, this would occur during the daytime; however, for whatever reason it was about 9:00 P.M. Because it was dark outside, I didn't rinse the skimmer cup out in the yard per routine. Instead, I dumped it in the sink. Yes, the wife was not at home at the time. About one hour after I finished with the maintenance, I was upstairs relaxing...when I heard the automatic garage door opening. Panic set in when I realized I had neglected to rinse out the sink and activate the garbage disposal! I plunged down the stairs and ate it about half way down, tumbling to a stop against the wall at the bottom. I ran/limped to the sink and rinsed it out just as the wife came in the door. She didn't seem to notice my skinned knee (hard tile floor), or my daze expression of post-panic. Good times in the reefing world. (-:

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 90 75.6%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 12.6%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.7%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back