The Chef's LED powered 40 breeder (super pic heavy)

OP
OP
T

TheChef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
are you happy with the led fixture?

crazy happy. Best growth levels and color Ive seen to date, and Ive had all different types of lighting: MH, t5, PC, VHO. I cant speak for plasma arc, but that technology is just coming out :tongue:

OP
OP
T

TheChef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mini update: no new coral pictures, as I had to put them in the quarantine tank, but i got a SWEET aussie fungia, Im still flippin out about it! its about 2 inches wide, bright orange with a purple rim, and green tentacles! Ill try to get you some photos of it on saturday!

OP
OP
T

TheChef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Blarg, Im bad with follow ups! :cry: Sorry for the delay, but here are the pics of the new fungia! I just brought it home today, and I also bought a second one on impulse, that looked cool under the crappy lights it was kept in...but under LEDs its crazy! hopefully it will color up even more and some of the green and purple will start to show more :bigsmile:

as im putting it into the tank:
IMG_1520.jpg

IMG_1521.jpg

other fungia, potentially a rainbow? maybe just a red?
IMG_1522.jpg

Reefer831

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice where did you get the fungia's from? and how long have you had that flashing tile fish for? I really want one but heard they are impossible to keep.

OP
OP
T

TheChef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a buddy who works at my local fish store, and he grabs some cherry pieces from time to time. The tilefish was about $60, so not too bad a deal, each of the fungias were about the same price :sad:. As long as you have a peaceful tank (no tangs or otherwise aggressive/fast moving fish) tilefish arent too hard to keep. A lid is definitely a necessity though

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 71 44.1%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 56 34.8%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 23 14.3%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.2%
Back