**The Cherry Corals $20 Dollar Live Sale** August 21st 4pm to 2am!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

F i s h y

2nd In Command. Where is Frank's firebug badge?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My take from last night... got a few I was looking for the rest was impulse... great sale...

Screenshot_20210821-213552_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210821-220318_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210821-223206_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210821-230113_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210821-233120_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210822-000054_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210822-004551_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210822-013218_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210822-021901_Chrome.jpg

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
By the way.. stroke of genius putting that iron man blasto in hour one. I literally kept coming back looking for a major score like that (even though it never came). Definitely FOMO. Kudos!!

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
compared to their other sales, for me, a disappointment.
my preference is their usual heavily discounted sales instead of everything at $20. with $5/$10 frags in the mix, and some of them REALLY high end, the savings are the same as an "everything at $20" sale.
there is also more variety in their usual sales.

i also prefer CC to run the games instead of cody.
not a dig on cody, but you guys were non existent most of the night. you are usually more involved with the chatter, which adds to the sale.

FishyFishFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Despite risk of further cries of Boo-Hoo from the crowd, I'm going to make one final post.

Having slept on it, I wake up this morning and I am still disappointed.

I made my first purchase in the sale relatively late, but there was still over 2 hours to go, so I was hopeful that I could score a reasonable number of extra additions. I did then get another 2 on the next couple of drops but then nothing of interest to me popped up (aside from one that somebody beat me to) for the next hour. It seems like a lot of the things I was interested in (such as Blastos) had all been listed earlier in the sale and there were no more. Now, don't get me wrong, I know that is the name of the game and I can deal with that (and that is, strangely, part of the fun).

However, with an hour or so to go, people started asking if there was a 2am drop but there was no answer. Finally CodyBot stated '2 more drops to go' at about 1:40. There was nothing I wanted in the 0145 drop so the 2am drop was the final chance to add something to my tiny haul.

2am came and we were all refreshing like mad but Cherry Corals was nowhere to be seen. If they were expecting a 2am drop but there were technical issues then why not say something to let us know? If there was no 2am drop then why not tell us? Links were posted to the website but I thought they were just links to the unsold ones so far, but it appears that they might have actually been the final drop. So whilst I was here, refreshing like an idiot, other people were presumably buying up things that I had no idea were even there. I didn't see any apology or even any clear direction as to what was going on; I can only guess that they may have been uploading things to the website rather than communicating with us.

First world problems; clearly. It's not that important but it did get to me in the early hours, having been following the sale from the beginning. I ended up with 3 nice corals, but no particularly mind-blowing deals as far as I can tell and, quite honestly, I'm not even sure if it's worth spending the $40 to have them shipped (and the hassle of arranging someone to be available for delivery or taking time of work).

Call me a 'Boo-Hooer' all you want, it doesn't change the fact that I am disappointed. I will just chalk this one down to experience.

Last edited:

RipVanWinkle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great sale I got everything I was looking for. Nice acan, a hammer, a cool shroom, alveopora etc. The $20 model was perfect for me and others who are looking to grab some nice looking things but not interested in $1000 torch on sale for $500.

I still want a t shirt!!

nando248

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was my first live sale. I thought it was a blast! Really happy with everything and can't wait to get it all into the tank.

Here's my haul:
z002-1.jpeg
z386-1.jpeg
z482-1.jpeg
z923-1.jpeg
z440-1.jpeg
z301-1.jpeg

Kristopher Conlin

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In his defense, Cody never confirmed a 2am drop. Hey said maybe there were two more.
And Cody runs the games not the sale itself. It's all automated through a program.

Just John

Valuable Member? Seriously?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great sale I got everything I was looking for. Nice acan, a hammer, a cool shroom, alveopora etc. The $20 model was perfect for me and others who are looking to grab some nice looking things but not interested in $1000 torch on sale for $500.

I still want a t shirt!!
Totally agree! The "Was $275 now only $190" sales are not what I am looking for. If you look through what has/has not sold at the end of them, it's clear not many other people wanted that stuff either.

Kristopher Conlin

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I still want a t shirt!!
Keep coming back to the live sales! I'm pretty sure the only way to get one is to win one in a game!

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the $20 format. It feels like to me there are more affordable high end pieces with this format compared to the norm. I was in and out throughout the day, but snagged a sweet little frag pack.

Kristopher Conlin

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the $20 format. It feels like to me there are more affordable high end pieces with this format compared to the norm. I was in and out throughout the day, but snagged a sweet little frag pack.
I agree. I enjoy all the live sales but the amount of frags you can scoop up at $20 a piece is awesome!

As long as you are quick anyways.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the biggest complaint was people wasting 15 min at the end of the sale for a final drop that never came, I think it was a pretty successful sale. Wasting hours at a live sale and coming up with nothing is a fairly common occurrence.

As always, live sales favor the quick and the decisive...as well as the deep pocketed, I suppose.

OP
OP
Acro76

Acro76

Cherry Corals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the biggest complaint was people wasting 15 min at the end of the sale for a final drop that never came, I think it was a pretty successful sale. Wasting hours at a live sale and coming up with nothing is a fairly common occurrence.

As always, live sales favor the quick and the decisive...as well as the deep pocketed, I suppose.

I think if we place a dummy product at the end of the sale that says "the end" we would know the bot was truly done. In the past it had randomly kept going after the sale was supposed to be over. So kind of confusing for all.

Kristopher Conlin

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I think being decisive and knowing what you are looking for plays a huge role. Rather then pondering each frag having a list of items that you will buy immediately helps.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think if we place a dummy product at the end of the sale that says "the end" we would know the bot was truly done. In the past it had randomly kept going after the sale was supposed to be over. So kind of confusing for all.

Instead of a dummy product, make it a Final Mystery Frag Pack! That would be a fun little finale product.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back