The female one jumped

  • Thread starter Thread starter vcnt
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

vcnt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 25, 2023
Messages
1,171
Reaction score
493
Location
NY
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last week i get call from my dad saying theres only one clownfish, long story short he found her one the floor in the back. i had a lid but it covered nearly all of the tank and she jumped from the spot. how do i get a new one? is it asap?
 
Clown fish are perfectly fine alone so no rush. Did you have a pair or just two clownfish? If you had a pair you'll need to determine if the female jumped or the male.
i had a pair with 2 fish, im 99% sure it was the female cause she was way bigger
 
If it were me I would wait for the one left to transition to female then add a small male. If you add one right away you need to make sure its a male and go through the process of letting them sort things out about who is going to be female. I think most people just add two and let them fight it out but I'm not a fan of that method becuase I've lost fish doing it that way in the past.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new