The fish are mean haha

Austin J Vatalaro

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everytime I go into my tank to delicately move rock or coral my dang clownfish will bite the heck out of my and startle me a bit, one even drew blood the otherday. I was able to figure out a technique with tongs to keep them away long enough to get what I need done. But now the other night my lawnmower blenny learned to also bite me so I cant win haha. And he is a sneaky one so there is no way to get around him. Anyone got any tips to maybe catch them or how to get them to not bite haha

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I wear aqua gloves for mean clowns they bite all they want and I feel Nothing at all. After a while, they give up

Chrille26

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had several clowns which never went close to my hand or anything, they were curious from a distance in the tank.
Then I bought my black clown, and thats my first experience with a real mean one. He bites, tailwhips me, swims aggressively around my hand and tool. And if I try to shoo him away he just turn it up more! :)

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had clowns draw blood too. They are just very territorial. Currently, my clowns are fine (as they have not yet mated), but my male lemon damsel is a real jerk. Comes flying at me no matter where I am. Always goes for the wrist. Luckily does not hurt much, just startles me.
He has eggs right now, so I forgive him.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
clown bite.png

codycolina707

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had several clowns which never went close to my hand or anything, they were curious from a distance in the tank.
Then I bought my black clown, and thats my first experience with a real mean one. He bites, tailwhips me, swims aggressively around my hand and tool. And if I try to shoo him away he just turn it up more! :)
little killer whale my female black clown was the same way i'd constantly be flicking my finger at her

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Haha! My kids always come running if I'm going to do stuff in the tank bc they actually WANT to see if the female clown (who they've named "bad guy fish") bites me or not. She doesn't usually disappoint them. LOL

Born2beblack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this a serious thread or are you all just joking? Clown fish bite you and draw blood? They are pretty small. I had one a long time ago and had no issues. I had a dwarf lion as well, so kept my hand out of the tank as much as possible.
Oh yea bud they get yea good lol

OP
OP
A

Austin J Vatalaro

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this a serious thread or are you all just joking? Clown fish bite you and draw blood? They are pretty small. I had one a long time ago and had no issues. I had a dwarf lion as well, so kept my hand out of the tank as much as possible.
It's real I have 2 clowns, a saddleback and black oc. The black oc I the bigger one and the one to attack as soon as I enter the tank. He even has tried to jump out at me on the top of the tank. He is pure evil!

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i'm sorry but laughing,yes a 4" tomato will leave a ring of bloody dots!! get the gloves ,just wash them before and after using :cool:

Back