The Fish Room(s?)

EcoFrags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone! so been a very very long time since i have posted on here and i've been doing a whole lot of things to my tanks and seeing all the amazing tanks on here i had to at the very least throw my setup into the pot to get some help with how to make what i have look like some of the things ive seen on here! So i'm on my desktop but in a few minutes I will get the pictures off my phone to show what i've got going on here. Right now ive got 3 tanks. One is the shallow 80g tank made by Deep Blue with a 55g refugium plumbed in behind the wall and the other 2 are custom Eurobrace tanks made by Coast to Coast in Jersey (180g and 280g). If you have ever need a custom tanks the boys over there really know how to make some solid tanks and stands.

Each tank is a little different and has had ups and downs as i've learned how to keep the amazing fish and corals that are just now starting to stabilize and grow the way nature intended them to...or so i tell myself lol.

My 80g is an SPS and wrasse tank. i've got only a few colonies right now some of which grew from frags and some i got as colonies. The wrasse in this tank have taken me sometime to find and everytime i look at this tank Mike and Terry's gorgeous tank pops into my mind. The fish in this tank right now are: Pair of Potters Leopards, Pair of Belteatus wrasse, pair of Black tail Mcoskers, 1 Crescent Tail Wrasse, 1 Leopard Wrasse (macropharyngodon meleagris), and soon to be coming out of my 180 a trio or both Johnsons and Bells Wrasses. Yeah i love those trios they are finally getting the hang of pellet foods also which is making me pretty proud :)

My 180 is soon to be my deep water Anthias tank. Right now though, it houses my assorted LPS that i am not sure where to put only 5 pieces or so as far as corals go. The fish are: Clarion Angelfish (yes he's small and so pretty and eating pellets), Red Sea Regal Angel (not eating pellets), my 2 Wrasse trios, 11 Pseudoanthias Flavoguttatus, 1 Kaleidos Pencil Wrasse, and 1 Sunburst anthias. This tank is going to transform into that deep water tank as soon as i am able to get my angels into my 280 and lower the temp down to 76 degreese in that 180 which will set the stage for the new additions coming.

Finally the 280! This tank is my newest addition to my tank room. it houses my big fish and my big corals. I have 2 pieces of coral in that tank that are over a foot in diameter. 1 is my 3 year old and 2.5ft wide Red Monti cap that has turned into something of a big red bloomin onion! The second large coral is a big colony of Frogspawn that has really colored up and loved my tank coming from one of my Dad's old tanks that he doesnt keep up on much anymore (1 Ft +/- 2 inches id say). The fish go as follows: Tomini Tang, Purple tang, Flame angel, Passer Angel, Magnificent Foxface, 3 female Lyretails anthias, 1 male Lyretail anthias, 2 Bartlett anthias, 2 yellowtail Damsels, 5 Green chromis, and my Royal Pencil wrasse. I have also 3 wrasse in here i got as a trio many many moons ago. I have no idea what kind of wrasse these are and quite honestly have put 0 time into finding out because they eat, are healthy, and i like the mystery but if one of you knows and would share i would love that :) This tank does have a good size hammer coral, some zoos at the bottom that my regal used to eat when i first got him and a little bubble tip anenome that is doing well finally! I can't think of much else to say about the tank, but all the plumbing and stuff like that i'll show in pictures later on i suppose.

The refugium is plumbed into my 80g tank and right now houses one fish for one of my friends that he an't put into his tank just yet. it also houses about 3ft of macro algae (forget the name right now hoenstly) and that has been helping my acros color up VERY nicely since adding that to the system.

Like i said earlier on in my soliloquy i will be posting picture shortly and hope that you will get through this to the good part!!!

Spencer

OP
OP
EcoFrags

EcoFrags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_1358.jpg

OP
OP
EcoFrags

EcoFrags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First of many pictures cause this one is a little old. Still has the Montipora on the Right in the 180 not the 280 yet like it is now. But gives you a general idea of the Room. That door on the left goes to the room behind the 80 where the refugium is now also :)

OP
OP
EcoFrags

EcoFrags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now the 280!!

IMG_1441.jpg
IMG_1444.jpg
IMG_1448.jpg
IMG_1449.jpg

Last picture is just after i added the Clarion to the 280. He had to come out of the 180 to let me drop the temperature to 74 for the NEW FISH COMING!! Tosanoides Flavofasciatus. Fish i've been looking forward to getting for sometime and is finally coming (and as a pair!!) will post pictures of them when they get here most likely on Sunday or Tuesday.

paul4140

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was expecting plumbing, sumps, storage tanks... but instead wow beautiful views.

PCygni

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
****.... this is the kind of setup I would try to put together if I had the cash and/or the time. My only suggestion is putting an easy chair in there so that you may sit down and drink some Guinness and dig your tankz.

OP
OP
EcoFrags

EcoFrags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow! very, very impressive! I need to go look up your soon to be additions :)

They are beauties i hope that they come in healthy!

****.... this is the kind of setup I would try to put together if I had the cash and/or the time. My only suggestion is putting an easy chair in there so that you may sit down and drink some Guinness and dig your tankz.

That would be the next investment but behind me are 2 couches that i can sit on and check out my tanks :)

Best fish room I have seen yet.

thanks!!

I was expecting plumbing, sumps, storage tanks... but instead wow beautiful views.

if you want those pics i'd be happy to send those as well

OP
OP
EcoFrags

EcoFrags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the setups...what kind of rocks are in the 280 with the monti caps?

They were all live rock that i've collected over the years...it was a tiny frag that i got a few years back and i'm not sure if have pictures from back then but i will search the archives for it!

Do you have a picture of your aquascape before everything grew out? The tank with the Monti. Thanks

i think i have a picture but i am not 100% sure i'll have to check the archives again and see what i can find

OP
OP
EcoFrags

EcoFrags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i got my new fish today going to oost pics in a short while after im done with dinner

OP
OP
EcoFrags

EcoFrags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416033062.397256.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416033076.555633.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416033087.711703.jpg

So these little guys came in today from japan in a box with almost 6 gallons of water :0!!! Acclimated them for a few hours and now i see them swimmin around in the near dark of the tank looking for food in the water column. Will post better pictures of them when its a bit brighter tommorow.

OP
OP
EcoFrags

EcoFrags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416087157.398669.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416087171.371126.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416087181.240629.jpg

A few pics if the new fish! Kudos to mike over at Tropical Island Aquariums that guy hooks me up over there.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 61 78.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 5.1%
Back