The Good, Bad, and Great SCA 187 build

Maacc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope you like the tank size, it's the same dimensions I have. It's not terribly common but gives you some great aquascape options.
Good luck on your build.

OP
OP
Demonic

Demonic

Love Change
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope you like the tank size, it's the same dimensions I have. It's not terribly common but gives you some great aquascape options.
Good luck on your build.

Thanks, going to try my first minimal aquascaping

OP
OP
Demonic

Demonic

Love Change
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is lit...well temporarily. Plumbing next

20190517_152119.jpg

asting

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good! Your tank is the same footprint as mine, just 2" higher. interested to see what you've got planned!

OP
OP
Demonic

Demonic

Love Change
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good! Your tank is the same footprint as mine, just 2" higher. interested to see what you've got planned!
Thanks
I start out with a plan and then it just falls apart. Will probably be SPS dominated as I keep ordering lights.

I've been ordering and stocking a little IM 25 lagoon that will be holding everything until the big one is ready. Started plumbing today but forgot stuff of course. Ordering now

OP
OP
Demonic

Demonic

Love Change
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I forgot to add the valve to the return. I can add it down the road when I need to. Got in a rush

OP
OP
Demonic

Demonic

Love Change
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have to excuse the mess. I temp wired them up to see the schedule and to get some light on the rocks. This is just the LEDs on, all T5s off.

I have about 70lbs of sand on order, way underestimated.

And yes, Haha, that's my man cave TV. Which is why I'm building a canopy as well, to control the light spill.
20190530_154803.jpg

West1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You have to excuse the mess. I temp wired them up to see the schedule and to get some light on the rocks. This is just the LEDs on, all T5s off.

I have about 70lbs of sand on order, way underestimated.

And yes, Haha, that's my man cave TV. Which is why I'm building a canopy as well, to control the light spill.
20190530_154803.jpg

Wow, those are the Noop LED's, they look good! Very very tempting. Will you be going SPS dominant?

How big is that TV or is it a projector? At what time are we watching the Warriors game tonight? :D:cool:

OP
OP
Demonic

Demonic

Love Change
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, those are the Noop LED's, they look good! Very very tempting. Will you be going SPS dominant?

How big is that TV or is it a projector? At what time are we watching the Warriors game tonight? :D:cool:

Yes those are the noopsyches. I will be programming them today, so I’m sure my headache will start shortly. Tomorrow I will run the wires better and get all the lights on the schedule. The Orphek bar gets here on Wednesday.

This tank will be SPS dominant, but I have a soft spot for some LPS and zoas. I have some corals sitting in the lagoon right now with a trio of Bartletts. Hopefully they will be going in on Tuesday/Wednesday.

It’s a projector, 120”. And come by anytime

Matt Carden

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the stock SCA 150 internal overflow. I like the tank but I have no experience with other manufacturers.

Sweet man cave! The reef tank will help alot.

OP
OP
Demonic

Demonic

Love Change
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the stock SCA 150 internal overflow. I like the tank but I have no experience with other manufacturers.

Sweet man cave! The reef tank will help alot.

Thanks, the room was missing something. Will be nice to move a chair in front of the tank when it starts getting filled in.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 102 75.6%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.1%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back