Status
Not open for further replies.

ReefMadScientist

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welp, its time to touch on the great debate about the Walt Disney Tenuis. All people from both sides are welcome to post your thoughts, dislikes, likes, and biasses.

First up, @Gonzo - please post up the original picture you are referring to. Anybody with the WD will try to mimic or match the photo with RAW pictures of our own WD. No grease, no saturation please.

Feelings may get hurt, debate may ensue, but lets all battle it out in this place.

BRING IT!!!

Funny-Fight-Animals-Cat-vs-Dog-Fight.jpg
cat-dog-pictures-3.jpg

zoacrazy42

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope they become more available in a few yrs..Soo sweet guy!

OP
OP
ReefMadScientist

ReefMadScientist

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am a tad bit irritated.

So I glued my WD and RR OP frags to this live rock and I decided to move them down to the sand to take a picture. Well I couldn't get any decent shots of anything. I am tired of my Canon T2i and my Note 4 was just taking weird shots for an hour.

Glued them back onto the rock, fingers are crusty and smell like glue.

Good night.

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My WD is still in the process of getting the right color, I hope but if I get sick and tired of it, it just has to go.
Same I did with the other hyped up SPS, never ever saw the colors coming in as I was hoping for so that one left the Diesel tank that simple!
I do care about this hobby as a hobby not who has the hype corals.
I bought and received from well known vendors unknown corals and some of them turned into some nice corals, I can honestly say better looking than the WD (in my tank) and the other one that was hyped up so much.
Will give it some time but I have already some super nice SPS lined up in the 10 SQFT frag system to replace it and some one else can try to get the colors boosted on the WD, again that simple.

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No offense Mr. Diesel, but everyone with this coral seems to be in the process of getting it to the right color

Ok, I understand that.
What I don't understand is "No offense Mr. Diesel"
If I'm the owner of a baseball team and the team isn't doing great and I buy myself into a awesome ball player but he's aint giving me the return the team deserves than he will be on the next trade list, period.
I know it needs time but I know also when a coral never get there no matter what you do.
I have ppl looking at my tank and on most corals they all in AWE (not mentioning any names here as this is about the WD) but when they ask about the WD and I show them, I get reaction like "Uhmm Oh" or "oh ok I see" or I prefer the honest guys....... "That's it.......??"

Pete polyp

acro serial killer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It just seems to me that it's just not there with this piece. I didn't want you to feel as if I was singling you out or bashing you for buying this piece.

I don't buy into the hyped corals because I believe beautiful corals come in all price ranges. That's the type of collector I am though. There's nothing wrong with the name collectors out there at all.

Honestly I hope every frag of the wd lives up to the pictures from the originator. It would definitely be something I would want in my tank in the future if those colors ever do come out.

Gonzo

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the pics I posted are the original sellers pics.

Not 1 person has yet to provide a pic of the WD that looks anything like the original lol

where they at ?????????????????????

jazonPartij

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine doesn't have any colors yet. I got a 10 pack of sps corals and it was included.

SchnitzelReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a WD, not even going to post a pic of it. I got a very tiny frag from a friend, and let's just say it's still a nice shade of white/brown. It does have that awesome tenius polyp extension though, and it is finally starting to grow.

Gonzo

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alot of "mine is coloring up" on this coral. sounds like people are trying to buy gold, only to get fools gold

Gonzo

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Diesel had it a year and still looks like a run of the mill mariculture Tenius. Nothing at you Diesel. just sayin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 57 32.6%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 47 26.9%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 57 32.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back