The Greatest Show on (or rather IN) Earth... Well sorta

McReefski

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, BOYS AND GIRLS, GATHER ROUND FOR...…

….Sorry, a lot of hype for nothing all that special, but - I finally populated my tank! We now have the pleasure of introducing Oscar the Frostbite Ocellaris, and, Ginny, the (royal) Gramma. [working titles.]

Frostbite 1.png

Homies, its been too long in coming and I am more than excited to show you more when my lights are back on tomorrow morning. I know my setup is in its early stages but I built it from the ground up, worked daily to get to this point, and am finally seeing the fruits of my efforts come to fruition (sorry bad pun?)

Note: This post comes post one casualty (i.e. my sacrificial green chromis demonstrating to me the quintessential diatom-bloom-catastrophe's effects on a 20 gallon system [disclaimer: I hoped he/she would have lived but it was my litmus test opposed to a more expensive fish].)

P.S. - Can anyone clarify whether this is a straight frostbite or a mocha frostbite? The dots say one thing but the fin coloration says another in my mind...I'm leaning towards regular frostbite.

chipmunkofdoom2

Always Making Something
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for sharing! It's always great to see tanks start from the very beginning. That way, when you get all the way to beautiful thriving reef, you can look at how far you've come :)

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 65 39.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 36 21.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 35.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.6%
Back