The Gyre is here!

Bryan47

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got the email from BRS! I remember seeing the video of this thing at MACNA and it looks awesome! Who has $300 and wants to be our guinea pig!

What do you guys think will this change the way we move aquarium water and replicate ocean movement? As we know a similar thing happened with fans in the U.S. With many adapting a column design.

Revolutionary product?
Gimmick?

Let's hear your 2 cents!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415434869.124958.jpg

BrotherReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe it will be a revolutionary product. It just depends on the type of tank. Meaning I believe it will work well for an SPS tank if you place a couple on a timer and have them operate at different times. I would love to have one for my frag tank. Help to move build up under my frag rack.

OP
OP
Bryan47

Bryan47

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope it is revolutionary they could make them very discreet and small while still moving volumes of water. I believe gallons per hour is a calculation of impeller blade surface area, and rotational speed. I hope your right and these really help us advance the hobby!

argi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered mine...shipping from CA, should be here Thursday or Friday. But I still don't have water in my tank so I will only be able to view it and not see it in action yet.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.6%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 156 67.0%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back