The Illuminata Conspiracy, a rimless build

dallas reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
. Sounds like you've got a project on your hands. Nothing worse than a sump that isnt working out.

Yeah it's a Berlin 200 under mine. No bio-balls. I'll probably change out my g3 first. It all works, but I want more. And YES it's a darn project for that.

dallas reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's cool design work. So that's just a tube for the return on the FT? In the sched80 pipe? My idea(since I'm an irrigation pro) is use expansion couplings. But that wouldn't give much movement. Only 3-4" tops. And I've got a 3/4 swing joint that swivels on 3 points. But I'm concerned with the rubber o-ring. And carbonate growth.

That way (if it works) nothing is open.

But that open design you've got is sweet.

OP
OP
Akwarius

Akwarius

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I considered flexible tubing, but it wouldnt have given me the range of motion I wanted. This setup, though open, seemed like it would have the least amount of potential problems such as fittings becoming loose or tubing kinked. I just have to keep an eye on the return flow because it can only drain about 30-40 gph tops without overflowing.

Radar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea what they all said. Truly first class. When i started a second tank i tried to deal with all the things a didn't like about the first one. Now i have another list if i ever get to a third. It really looks like you covered all the bases.

OP
OP
Akwarius

Akwarius

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea what they all said. Truly first class. When i started a second tank i tried to deal with all the things a didn't like about the first one. Now i have another list if i ever get to a third. It really looks like you covered all the bases.
Thanks Radar! I tried to think of everything, but I'm sure there's still something I've overlooked. My former tanks all survived on a wing and a prayer!
Very nice, thanks for taking the time to share in the details of the process!
Thank you reef_freak! I've learned a lot of tips and tricks from reading other people's build threads, so I figured it was time to give back.

OP
OP
Akwarius

Akwarius

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some coral colony pics

shroom.jpg

pinklemonade-1.jpg

borealis-1.jpg

spaceman-3.jpg

fireandice.jpg

Sahin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful colours on the SPS, got any more shots? How about an FTS while you're at it too. Thanks! :)

OP
OP
Akwarius

Akwarius

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful colours on the SPS, got any more shots? How about an FTS while you're at it too. Thanks! :)
Thank you, Sahin. I'll work on getting that FTS. I see youve got an ati t5+led as well. Just curious what bulb combo you're running?

Sahin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The LED's are 20 x Royal Blues and 4 x Blues, the T5's are 3 x Blue+ and 2 x Aquablue Special. This isnt too blue, but a very 20K look with lots of coral pop. I am cycling my tank at the moment as I had to restart it due to **** Dinos. Look forward to the FTS.

OP
OP
Akwarius

Akwarius

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man thats a great looking setup. Very clean
Thanks a lot!

Nice lemonade ..
So what fish are in there ? I saw only 3 clowns so far .
I will be adding fish soon and will definitely have the TP after me ..
Yeah, my tangs are in "growout" lol.

A sad note about the designer clowns...they went to designer heaven. I was doing a water change, simultaneous pump and drain, and the curious little bugger got himself stuck in the 3/4" drain hose! I quickly blew him out blow-dart style and went about my business. Fiddling with the feed pump, I realized that I hadn't checked on the drain hose for 30 seconds or so. When I did, the other clown was in the dang hose! When I retrieved him, I noticed that he was badly injured, swimming upside down, etc. So I netted and quarantined for a few days until he was eating and swimming normally. Both clowns were eating and looking great in the main display, and about a week later- bam! Both stuck in the vortech. Most expensive accident I've had in a long time. My wc drain hose now has a strainer...

Looking good Travis, how bout a FTS?
Sheesh with the FTS! It's only been a month since my last one and not much has changed. :)

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 38 21.8%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 103 59.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back