The importance of a check list!

JuniorMC8704

Super Moderator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Importance of a Check List!
Well, almost learned a really hard lesson today. Learned a hard enough one though.

I managed to leave my ATO unplugged last night. Needless to say, today was a busy one, and i didnt make it down stairs until 8pm tonight.

My main return was running dry (didnt seize though), and my salinity was up a couple points. I managed to lose my GIANT colony of German Blue Digi, a very large colony of Tru Blu Slimer, and a few others started RTNing on me.

Im keeping my hopes up that they pull through, and a fragged beyond the dieing areas. All my LPS looks fine, except for my dads frag of the Dragon Skins, one polyp managed to get chowed down by some crap lobo when the flow was low from the return not hammering it.

Thank God, i have a ton of extra water always ready for top off. I added it slowly, but who knows what else im going to lose.

I sure took this as a warning to MAKE A CHECK LIST for me go over before i leave the tank if i have been doing any work on it.

What a dumb rookie mistake. But i guess it happens to the best of us.

Time will tell how much this mistake is going to cause me. Between a balast going down, and now this...im ready for this week to be over....and to hit the lottery.

Hypertek99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You must have tons of evap. My tank swings everyday and i don't lose stuff. I top off everynight myself. And sometimes i miss a night.

Poseidon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad you caught it Paul, I agree with Hypertek though, it sounds like something else may be amiss.

I used to be the ATO, and I missed a few days here and there.

KEEPERZ

TOTM March 08'
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear this JR.-was it the lack of flow from your return that was killing your acros?

OP
OP
JuniorMC8704

JuniorMC8704

Super Moderator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
at around 75 different SPS, losing 2 isnt all bad i guess.

The acan loss was due to flow, nothing else.

Im just bummed because the Blue digi was one of my very first pieces of SPS, had it for over 2 years.

OP
OP
JuniorMC8704

JuniorMC8704

Super Moderator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ill take you up on that once i get my new tank setup. Im laying down the tile in the new fish room hopefully tomorrow after work, and then by the end of the week hope to have water going. So 2-3 months i might start moving stuff over...maybe a little longer...

going to have to move some choice pieces to get this thing rolling a little faster...gotta get my BK skimmer soon.

Poseidon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ill take you up on that once i get my new tank setup. Im laying down the tile in the new fish room hopefully tomorrow after work, and then by the end of the week hope to have water going. So 2-3 months i might start moving stuff over...maybe a little longer...

going to have to move some choice pieces to get this thing rolling a little faster...gotta get my BK skimmer soon.

I'll make sure to keep some around for you then!

GOod luck on the tile, that looks like a PITA especially on a basement floor.

Bubble King? Didn't you JUST get that Deltec beast?

OP
OP
JuniorMC8704

JuniorMC8704

Super Moderator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the deltec is for my dads system actually, im just using it until i can get the $$ together.

I'll make sure to keep some around for you then!

GOod luck on the tile, that looks like a PITA especially on a basement floor.

Bubble King? Didn't you JUST get that Deltec beast?

OP
OP
JuniorMC8704

JuniorMC8704

Super Moderator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no that things a beast. Im hopeing to get a internal 300, but might go the route of a mini 200 to start, and bump it up when i get my display. It seems to be no problem selling used BK's for minimal loss.

Back