The Island Reef

Nelson Tiago

View Badges
Reaction score
Olá Pedro,

I'm also a Portuguese haha. Gorgeous tank, truly an inspiration for any reefer out there, even for me. This is what I call a flawless tank. Marvelous amazing photos for sure also very interesting your methodology around it. Keep posting and I know a tank to visit when I go there hahHa. Um abraço

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Amazing as always. You sir, have the Midas touch for SPS. How has your journey with the KH Director been? Still happy? No major connection, calibration, etc.?

OP
PmRg

PmRg

View Badges
Reaction score
Amazing as always. You sir, have the Midas touch for SPS. How has your journey with the KH Director been? Still happy? No major connection, calibration, etc.?
thank you so much VJV :) I try my best :)

KH has been amazing... I just needed to change some pump heads(blue things that break), 1 pH Probe and a couple of calibration. These are all things I can live with to have 1 KH measure per day :)

Pedro

OP
PmRg

PmRg

View Badges
Reaction score
Olá Pedro,

I'm also a Portuguese haha. Gorgeous tank, truly an inspiration for any reefer out there, even for me. This is what I call a flawless tank. Marvelous amazing photos for sure also very interesting your methodology around it. Keep posting and I know a tank to visit when I go there hahHa. Um abraço
ahahhah olá ;) thank you so much for your words :) looking forward to meeting you :)

abraço

OP
PmRg

PmRg

View Badges
Reaction score
Refuge evolution.

ATM I'm taking out a LOT of chaeto, that's around 20L bucket per month, the XR15 is doing an amazing job growing the algae, plus the whole return flow passing by the algae mass due to the Seadreams sump design is working 100%.

OP
PmRg

PmRg

View Badges
Reaction score
FLOW ;)

like I said before one of the objectives was to increase the flow all over the tank, solution was to add a couple of MP40's another one on the right glass and another one on the back glass, lowering the speed on all of them, I think I managed to have a flow all around the rocks and corals covering 100% of the tank. :D let's see the difference, my goal is to increase the flow and the growth, by also have a more uniform growth... let's see.

So here it is some picstures of the tank and the cabinet :D this time pictures were taken with a studio flash, giving a nice light "fill"... this photos were also taken by a friend of mine hence the different perspectives from my usual material :D

Top Shelf Aquatics

How important are having the right snails in your reef?

• VERY Important

Votes: 202 43.3%
  • Important

Votes: 190 40.8%
  • Not So Important

Votes: 45 9.7%
  • I don't have snails

Votes: 25 5.4%
  • Other

Votes: 4 0.9%

Online statistics

Members online