The JBJ 45

RX_

View Badges
Reaction score
Welcome to my build thread. I previously have had a few tanks for a few months to a year each and have had to shut them down and switch to a different tank for different reasons from moving houses, to moving rooms in a house, and a number of different things. In the past 2 years I've had a 55G Column with a sump, 120G with a sump, 65G, and 40G Breeder. Decided over the past few months that it was time to change things up one final time and buy a tank that I would keep for a while, an AIO.

1614067094293.png
1614067166740.png
1614067247424.png

I was torn between the NUVO 50, JBJ 45, and the Waterbox 35.2. In an ideal world I would have a tank that was about 5 feet wide, with a sump, etc. However, due to space restraints and a number of other factors, I needed to keep it less than 30 inches wide, 24 inches deep and 20 inches high. Each of those AIO systems have their pros and cons. However, in the end I set my mind on the JBJ. Despite liking the build quality of the Waterbox, its dimensions were a little too small for my liking at just 23 inches wide, 19 inches deep, and 17 inches tall. . The NUVO 50 seems like a great lagoon style setup, but I wanted something a little bit taller and a taking up a little bit less space front to back (nearly 24 inches). I set my sights on the JBJ 45. It had a blend of each of those other aquariums at 26 inches wide, 22 inches deep and 19 inches high. The newer edition also has a flat panel front instead of the rounded edges, which seemed to have failing characteristics over time.

The tank has been ordered and is currently in transit. Once it gets here I will take pictures of it how it arrives, unboxing, setting up, etc.

Index:

Shipment Received - Unboxing the JBJ 45
Setting up the Tank
Adding the First Fish
Adding the First Coral

Last edited:
OP
RX_

RX_

View Badges
Reaction score
Current Equipment List: 2/23/21

Tank - JBJ 45
Heater - Eheim Jager 125W
Lighting - 2 AI Prime 16
Return Pumps - Stock
Wavemaker - Hydro Koralia 3G 1950GPH
ATO - Tunze Osmolator Nano 3152
ATO Reservoir - Aqua Gadget 5G Hydrofill - IM
UV - AUQA Sheild UV Sterilizer Universal 10W
Media Reactor - Minimax Pro Midsize Media Reactor
Protein Skimmer - Icecap 1K Nano or 50
Controller - Apex Neptune with Temp probe/pH probe

Last edited:
OP
RX_

RX_

View Badges
Reaction score
Livestock List: 2/22/21

Fish:
2 Black Ice Clownfish
IMG_9382.jpeg

Coral:
Have purchased some that is in a holding tank until the other is setup

Last edited:
OP
RX_

RX_

View Badges
Reaction score
Yesterday was delivery day for the JBJ 45. Delivered by Fedex Freight. Everything seemed to go well with the delivery and transit of the tank. As you can see, it arrived in a JBJ Box, no additional packing just that box wrapped in plastic wrap.

IMG_9398.jpeg

IMG_9399.jpeg

Weight for the entire deliver was 125 lbs for the pallet and tank. Tank itself weighs just under 90 lbs. In order to get the tank into the house. I opened the box and then carried it into the house solo. Everything went well with the move into the house. It is not in its final resting place yet, but temporary at least. Here are a few more pictures of the opening and how everything comes packed.

IMG_9400.jpeg

IMG_9401.jpeg

IMG_9402.jpeg

IMG_9403.jpeg

Tan_The_Man805

View Badges
Reaction score
@RX_ I have 1 HD 32 on my JBJ45 so pretty similar and I love it, so good choice!

Interested in how you like the IceCap K1 as I was planning on getting one. Want to get away from the very fussy Tunze 9004.

Corals.com

What types of R2R interview articles are you most excited about?

• Specific reef topics! (List the ones you'd like to see us cover in the thread.)

Votes: 38 38.0%
  • Specific reef personalities! (List the people you'd like us to interview in the thread.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • Not that concerned about the topics...I just wanna see the awesome PICTURES!

Votes: 17 17.0%
  • All of the above!! ...and yes, I'll list some in the thread. :-)

Votes: 40 40.0%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors
GHL Advanced Technology