the joke that digital aquatics has become...

ibbennyb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As im sure there is many out there who have purchased the reef keepers.. i have had the reef keeper lite.. i now have the reef keeper elite.. and im beyond sick and tired of the lame excuses and stories and lack of any direction from this company. you promised for three years for the sl2 v2... no firmware updates.. behind in technology.. no advancements.. no new anything or reason to wanna stay with this comapny. i swear they tell you the sl2 is coming out like santa cluase is coming..

so with that said.. i do believe its time for the neptune apex aquacontoller.. i actually had one purchased last week but guy selling it messed that up.. anyhow... just my advice to anyone... stick with going to the neptune apex.. seems like such a better product.. better advancements.. and obviously better customer service...

oh wait ... let me correct myself.. they made a digital aquatics "life saver" you know because that does wonders who have spent a ton more money on bigger products and looking for additional monitoring that other companies have had for years...

Last edited:

maharsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the original reefkeeper and the light. I am perfectly happy with mine, but I don't use their software, so it's a non issue. But is in this great country, you have the choice to buy or not buy their product:angel:

sherita

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm running four controllers here, two from Neptune, two from DA. The two OLD ACjr's that I have run smoothly and reliably, never giving a burp. The two RK......one works ok but can be squirrely, the other is a piece of garbage that is in a storage box somewhere because it's junk.

I'm going to be replacing one controller soon, the ancient ACjr on my predator tank. It will be Apex all the way.

I've had trouble with both of the RK from the word go, one is just garbage, the other I can't trust.

iggiebee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the original reefkeeper and the light. I am perfectly happy with mine, but I don't use their software, so it's a non issue. But is in this great country, you have the choice to buy or not buy their product:angel:

What does it mean you do not use their software? Do you run your own?.. Please exlain.

Dying here to fix things in my RKE, It's like having an old windows computer were Microsoft does not wants to give you the updates to fix the problems problems, not even if you are willing to pay.

DA are the kings of Offer, Dangle, and Fail, although there are people in their forums that put a lot of effort trying to help you with workarounds, and these usually involves purchasing extra units of this and that.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 66 85.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.9%
Back