The Journey to obtain CP

ScooterV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While I was at the vet's office with the dog or cat I had previously asked about obtaining medications for fish or inverts. Our vet said it was no problem, just bring him documents to show I know what I'm doing and the rest is on me. So, after getting hit with velvet and a lot of help from @Humblefish I pushed obtaining some CP up the priority list (Started with copper while I worked on it).

Well, once I provided links to the three articles or so as well as the write-ups in the forum by Humblefish the vet came back with "Oh. I'm happy to dispense anything I have, but writing a script is a different story". After another call and mentioning Diamondback the hurdle was jumped. The vet uses Diamondback for other things and contacted them to verify some of my own information. Then then asked for some pictures of an infected fish, as well as a couple short videos of my QT and DT. When the technician called back to let me know they had faxed the script in she said they also had to create a new record. She said she needed the fish's name, but since we named our cat "Kitty" she just named the fish "Fish". Well, it now appears at least a little something got crossed in that record and their auto-reminders sent me a postcard. Apparently, my Foxface, AKA Pac-Man is due for his rabies shot!!!

IMG_20180715_0001.jpg

So, besides all the documentation, if you hit resistance maybe try getting them to call Diamondback directly to verify. If they are willing to at least call it certainly provided what my vet needed to feel more comfortable with the idea.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 10 19.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 29 55.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 7.7%
Back