The K7 Pro2 is stateside!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Bouncingsoul39

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes plus you will get a real light not a copy or cull light.

I swear I'm not just trying to troll you, but to be real, these lights were available on AliExpress and Ebay with from shipping from China before this person signed up to Reef2Reef as a Sponsor. There is no vetting or verification process here on R2R for sponsors. If you have some basic stuff and pay the fee, boom you are a sponsor. Also, from what I know from my own experience about China and Shenzen manufacturing everything being sold has the potential to be a knock off and one manufacturer will absolutely sell their products to everyone without question and you'll have a half dozen other manufacturers copying products so chances are they are all knock-offs, or they are all legit, either way, you can't say that there are any copies or "culls" whatever that means. There is zero proof of it either way.

MSB123

Someone out there put something smart here.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s what is keeping me away from these lights. I thought long and hard about it but the lack of a mobile app for control really was the deal breaker for me.
I don’t use the controller at all. Set it And let it be.
I swear I'm not just trying to troll you, but to be real, these lights were available on AliExpress and Ebay with from shipping from China before this person signed up to Reef2Reef as a Sponsor. There is no vetting or verification process here on R2R for sponsors. If you have some basic stuff and pay the fee, boom you are a sponsor. Also, from what I know from my own experience about China and Shenzen manufacturing everything being sold has the potential to be a knock off and one manufacturer will absolutely sell their products to everyone without question and you'll have a half dozen other manufacturers copying products so chances are they are all knock-offs, or they are all legit, either way, you can't say that there are any copies or "culls" whatever that means. There is zero proof of it either way.
The real light comes with a white body. I’ve seen several knock offs with black.

danschargers21

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s what is keeping me away from these lights. I thought long and hard about it but the lack of a mobile app for control really was the deal breaker for me.

Why is an app so necessary? I ran hdprimes for a year before switching to these. The only thing the ai ap gave me that these lights do not is making as many presets as you would like, and a cloud feature. I never made more than 8 presets but maybe you want to? After you get your lights to the setting you want, its set and forget anyway, and you won't use the app again.

Unskilled Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why is an app so necessary? I ran hdprimes for a year before switching to these. The only thing the ai ap gave me that these lights do not is making as many presets as you would like, and a cloud feature. I never made more than 8 presets but maybe you want to? After you get your lights to the setting you want, its set and forget anyway, and you won't use the app again.

An app is not necessary but it is way more convenient and the cloud feature is handy for when your at work or out of town. The acclimation feature is also useful. This is 2019 and we use apps for everything. Why... because it’s easier and better. Just my opinion.

Bouncingsoul39

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t use the controller at all. Set it And let it be.

The real light comes with a white body. I’ve seen several knock offs with black.

Can you prove they are knock offs? The game is to constantly make small changes to the model claiming your model is the legit and the other is the knock off. Maybe the black one is legit and the white one is the knock off. Makes more sense to have it be all black as opposed to these half white ones that look weird. We’ll never know when it comes to these Chinese products. It’s not like buying and AI or ATI from Marine Depot where you really know they are legit and where they come from.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 108 74.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.3%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back