The lagoon...take 2.. here we go!

surgio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Everyone. need some help / advice for what seems to be an ongoing issue with this tank, identifying the root cause this Nuisance algae...not entirely sure how to get rid of this. I just want a healthier reef in a glass box without this crap lol.

I had this issue a few months ago and it got way out of control so I decided to pull the rock out and scrub it, good decision or not, it was done. Fast forward to today, tank has been "reborn" for about two months now. I went through the cycling process with Dr Tims one and only again just in case (corals were in a small tank) until parameters were at an acceptable level, aside from the coral, a few pods, and whatever else I missed seeing, no other livestock and before I add anything else in there I want to take care of this issue first if possible.

Questions:
Perhaps a media reactor will be a better option vs the bags filled with media?
Rowaphos, Tropic Marin Elimi-phos, brightwell Phosphate-E or Phosban instead of GFO?

IT's an AIO so im trying to find the best solution that makes the most sense.

Tank: IM Lagoon 25
Rear Chamber: Filter floss, GFO and chemipure elite (recently added 2 days ago)
Lights: 2 AI Prime HD. Ramp up time is 2 hours and down as well.
Salt: Tropic Marin Reef Pro
Flow: Stock pump with two additional hygger pumps

Pic 1: Test Results
Pic 2&3 problem rock
Pic 4: Some coral have a few strands like this one
Pic 5: Light Schedule
Pic 6: Side shot to see how the other rocks are affected.

IMG_1658.PNG 20230519_155511.jpg 20230519_155428.jpg 20230519_155504.jpg IMG_1676.PNG 20230519_155519.jpg

Floyd-

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same tank.
From what I can see your nitrates and phosphates are both 0. Calcium and Mag are also lower than I run.
I keep my nitrates at about 5-10 and phosphates about .05-01 and I have no algae build up anymore. Cal for me is at 425ppm and Mag is about 1350.

Back