The Maelstrom 120

jnvd3b

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ugh looking ugly this morning:

UV plumbed and waiting on Jebao DCP 2500, should be here later today, then just going to hang this baby off the side of the DT for however long.

(still need some zip ties lol)

I just received a 55 watt jebao uv today via Amazon and it has no clamps like yours, and the top unit where the bulb/glass is different. Do they have multiple 55 w models or is yours an older version? Or is mine? Lol

edit: nvm dunno why i assumed you had the 55w version

Last edited:
OP
OP
AbjectMaelstroM

AbjectMaelstroM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just received a 55 watt jebao uv today via Amazon and it has no clamps like yours, and the top unit where the bulb/glass is different. Do they have multiple 55 w models or is yours an older version? Or is mine? Lol

edit: nvm dunno why i assumed you had the 55w version

I'm not sure, they seem to put out a new powerhead /return version every year so it's possible.

I have since switched to a LifeGard Pro-Max 55w. My jebao was leeching plastic pretty bad after a couple of weeks.

Red_Beard

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Went to move my shroom to another location, I pluck it off and notice this...

Looks like it split off 2 babies at some point.

I kinda wanna move them as they won't be getting much light there, but I think they're too small to pluck off.

Momma... Nothing fancy, but it's bright and the wife likes it. Mad at being touched and moved to a disk.

That is a pretty one! Those things are prolific! I have some plane-jane bluegreen discosomas that have gone from 1 to about 20. 5 of which popped off and reattached somewhere else. My wife loves them and thinks its hilarious to see where they end up.

OP
OP
AbjectMaelstroM

AbjectMaelstroM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hahaha, love it! Beautiful nem! And a scoly?

Some kind of Monti (bottom left) , I forget the name. The colorful one is a chalice, Ultimate Warrior...silly name, but the colors are nuts. It does kinda look like a scoly from top down hahaha, just noticed it.

The nem is a goofy one, wife love his walks.... Hopefully he doesn't end up in an Mp40, I did put up the foam guards, so fingers crossed.

Red_Beard

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some kind of Monti (bottom left) , I forget the name. The colorful one is a chalice, Ultimate Warrior...silly name, but the colors are nuts. It does kinda look like a scoly from top down hahaha, just noticed it.

The nem is a goofy one, wife love his walks.... Hopefully he doesn't end up in an Mp40, I did put up the foam guards, so fingers crossed.
Lol, that is a pretty chalice!
Hopefully your nem decides it is happy where you are happy with it! My lower one decided it wanted to walk around behind the rock. So I moved a return jet to push some more flow back there. That got it to change its mind and to see things my way. It is back where it was earlier now lol.

OP
OP
AbjectMaelstroM

AbjectMaelstroM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
2022....what a difference two years makes.

IMG_20200412_185559_01.jpg

20220208_151843.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 30 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 111 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.3%
Back