The magnesium parts of Randy’s recipe

Dan7575

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t really understand when to add the magnesium part. I saw a BRS video where they said to put all of the magnesium in one go when all of the calc and alk mix has been used, is this right?

chipmunkofdoom2

Always Making Something
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Randy will see the message and reply here shortly. He's usually pretty quick to reply during the week.

In the mean time, from Randy's article on two-parts:

This solution is added much less frequently than the other two parts. Each time you finish adding a gallon of both parts of Recipe [#1 or #2], add [610 mL (2 ½ cups) or 305 mL (1 ¼ cups) respectively] of this stock solution. It can be added all at once or over time as you choose, depending on the aquarium's size and set up. Add it to a high flow area, preferably a sump. In a very small aquarium, or one without a sump, I suggest adding it slowly.

I haven't needed to dose magnesium in a while, but when I did, I would usually measure and correct magnesium once a month.

OP
OP
Dan7575

Dan7575

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Randy will see the message and reply here shortly. He's usually pretty quick to reply during the week.

In the mean time, from Randy's article on two-parts:

I haven't needed to dose magnesium in a while, but when I did, I would usually measure and correct magnesium once a month.
Ah brilliant that is what I was after, the instructions I was reading just said add some solution. Thanks very much for sending that

Back