The Mastertronic from Focustronic

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

AquaNerd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Click the link below to learn more about the Mastertronic testing device and how it can tie into the Alkatronic and Dosetronic.

focustronic.jpg
mastertronic.jpg

smartwater101

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

"Focustronic has chosen what they believe to be the best test kits on the market for each water test"

This is interesting wordage. The original anouncement said it's "uses the best." Which had some of us thinking we could "use" whatever we want (if compatible.) But are they actually focusing on specific kits?

I like the idea of it being designed for specific reagents, rather than a one-size-fits all approach.

ZaneTer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree but at what sort of mark up? Jonas doesn’t offer budget products.

"Focustronic has chosen what they believe to be the best test kits on the market for each water test"

This is interesting wordage. The original anouncement said it's "uses the best." Which had some of us thinking we could "use" whatever we want (if compatible.) But are they actually focusing on specific kits?

I like the idea of it being designed for specific reagents, rather than a one-size-fits all approach.

smartwater101

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree but at what sort of mark up? Jonas doesn’t offer budget products.

I image there would have to be some sort of discount, otherwise people would just buy the test kit refills. Makes me wonder what would stop people from buying a big batch of reagent from Focustronic and using it on Reefbot or their manual tests... There might some proprietary ingredient that would make it ONLY compatible with Mastertronic.

ZaneTer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree but considering Jonas still sells the alkatronic for $900 my concern would be the long term cost for using the mastertronic.

I expect the mastertronic to rely on liquid reagents for all the testing but I certainly believe that you could then use it in the reefbot once they have written a program for it.

richiero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Me too !!!

Back