The Mastertronic from Focustronic

AquaNerd

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 25, 2016
Messages
400
Reaction score
231
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Click the link below to learn more about the Mastertronic testing device and how it can tie into the Alkatronic and Dosetronic.

https://aquanerd.com/2019/08/the-mastertronic-from-focustronic.html
focustronic.jpg
mastertronic.jpg
 
Any release date yet?
 
.

"Focustronic has chosen what they believe to be the best test kits on the market for each water test"

This is interesting wordage. The original anouncement said it's "uses the best." Which had some of us thinking we could "use" whatever we want (if compatible.) But are they actually focusing on specific kits?

I like the idea of it being designed for specific reagents, rather than a one-size-fits all approach.
 
I agree but at what sort of mark up? Jonas doesn’t offer budget products.
.


"Focustronic has chosen what they believe to be the best test kits on the market for each water test"

This is interesting wordage. The original anouncement said it's "uses the best." Which had some of us thinking we could "use" whatever we want (if compatible.) But are they actually focusing on specific kits?

I like the idea of it being designed for specific reagents, rather than a one-size-fits all approach.
 
I agree but at what sort of mark up? Jonas doesn’t offer budget products.

I image there would have to be some sort of discount, otherwise people would just buy the test kit refills. Makes me wonder what would stop people from buying a big batch of reagent from Focustronic and using it on Reefbot or their manual tests... There might some proprietary ingredient that would make it ONLY compatible with Mastertronic.
 
I agree but considering Jonas still sells the alkatronic for $900 my concern would be the long term cost for using the mastertronic.

I expect the mastertronic to rely on liquid reagents for all the testing but I certainly believe that you could then use it in the reefbot once they have written a program for it.
 
.


"Focustronic has chosen what they believe to be the best test kits on the market for each water test"

This is interesting wordage. The original anouncement said it's "uses the best." Which had some of us thinking we could "use" whatever we want (if compatible.) But are they actually focusing on specific kits?

I like the idea of it being designed for specific reagents, rather than a one-size-fits all approach.
Me too !!!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new