The Miracle Of Vinegar

Mikedawg

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Living in the South I have come to appreciate the many uses of duct tape (makes great door hinges), Coca Cola (best way to get ice off car windows), and, now, vinegar. Of course I have used it for some time to clean up equipment, etc. but today I found, for me, a new use. As I was fragging some corals I noticed my tube of glue had split and much of two fingers were covered in it. Not to be discouraged, I continued putting coral frags on rubble and dipping them in tank water. Soon enough my fingers turned crusty white as the glue set. Desperate for relief (going to a NY's party) I tried vinegar, and, yes, it removed the glue!

Now, I have discovered the Southern Triumvirate.

Happy New Year to all you reefers.

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never tried that. Got some birdnest I'm going frag in a little bit. If I get some super glue on my fingers, I'll give it a try.

skiergd011013

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Living in the South I have come to appreciate the many uses of duct tape (makes great door hinges), Coca Cola (best way to get ice off car windows), and, now, vinegar. Of course I have used it for some time to clean up equipment, etc. but today I found, for me, a new use. As I was fragging some corals I noticed my tube of glue had split and much of two fingers were covered in it. Not to be discouraged, I continued putting coral frags on rubble and dipping them in tank water. Soon enough my fingers turned crusty white as the glue set. Desperate for relief (going to a NY's party) I tried vinegar, and, yes, it removed the glue!

Now, I have discovered the Southern Triumvirate.

Happy New Year to all you reefers.
vinegar(apple cider kind) can also all but cure many peoples acid reflux issues. Its amazing.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 36.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 26.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back