Which tang?

• Total voters

Why-Me

Been going against the grain since I was a sapling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered new pairs of socks for myself and my daughter to match...

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's up buttercup?

Just combing over this first batch of Marco's Premium shelf rock and am somewhat disappointed with it. I don't think I'm going to be able to use it the way I wanted to so I'll have to go back to the drawing board on my scape plans. Just frustrating when it's $10/lb and I was hopeful I'd be able to get atleast one or two usable pieces.

Why-Me

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just combing over this first batch of Marco's Premium shelf rock and am somewhat disappointed with it. I don't think I'm going to be able to use it the way I wanted to so I'll have to go back to the drawing board on my scape plans. Just frustrating when it's $10/lb and I was hopeful I'd be able to get atleast one or two usable pieces.
Being serious here, what's it gonna cost to buy a bandsaw or new blade for one and cut the rock ya got now??
Compared to what it will cost to get what you want shipped to you again.

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Got a pic, anything you can do with acrylic rods or zip ties?

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Being serious here, what's it gonna cost to buy a bandsaw or new blade for one and cut the rock ya got now??
Compared to what it will cost to get what you want shipped to you again.

I should have been more specific as to the issue, the rock itself is beautiful and I'll be able to use it for some parts of my scape. However the main portion of my scape (a large shelf) I was hoping to find pieces large enough I'd only need 1-3 of them to make it. But these pieces are soooooo small I'd need to put together probably 8-10 of them to make it work. I just need to either figure out a good way to do that or come up with a different idea altogether. I only ordered 30 pounds as sort of a test run to get the rock in my hands and asked for the largest pieces they had.

OP
OP
Katrina71

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I should have been more specific as to the issue, the rock itself is beautiful and I'll be able to use it for some parts of my scape. However the main portion of my scape (a large shelf) I was hoping to find pieces large enough I'd only need 1-3 of them to make it. But these pieces are soooooo small I'd need to put together probably 8-10 of them to make it work. I just need to either figure out a good way to do that or come up with a different idea altogether. I only ordered 30 pounds as sort of a test run to get the rock in my hands and asked for the largest pieces they had.
Show us!

Why-Me

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
multi level platform with acrylic rods and all those separate shelf pieces...?

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a pic, anything you can do with acrylic rods or zip ties?

The acrylic rods is something I'm considering, however it wouldn't be easy (Although what is in this hobby?). Zip ties wouldn't work as this shelf will be semi floating so I need something solid. I might just lay it out on a table and epoxy it all together

OP
OP
Katrina71

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i was asking both @Katrina71 n @JoshH 4 pics
My little guy is inside of a cup double bagged. I couldn't get anything recognizable. So...
IMG_20200428_102636814.jpg

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My little guy is inside of a cup double bagged. I couldn't get anything recognizable. So...
IMG_20200428_102636814.jpg
Ooooo! Always had good luck with Unique and Manhattan Aquariums.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 29 27.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 33.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 33 31.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 7 6.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.9%
Back