Which tang?

• Total voters

Dolelo96

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Neither of our other Huskies ever slept in the bed with us, but now that we are down to one, Cassie has started sleeping with us. She is considerate and sleeps in the middle though.
I don’t think considerate is in our dogs vocabulary when it comes to bedtime. It’s “he who stretches out the most wins” at bedtime:p

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
well "crazy dog" now approaching 100 lbs has now learned no bed,she has her own recliner ,but "lil"guy fireplug spoiled rotton,2 years now,never have we ever let a dog even in bedroom but after shepards passed,history

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am delving into the world of tiki cocktails. Time for a Mai Tai (the original tiki cocktail). Didn’t have the proper garnish (fresh mint) which is Apparently fairly important, but not too bad for my first one. I think the misconception is that this is a sweet cocktail with lots of fruit juice. Other than 3/4 ounce of fresh squeezed lime juice, there is no other fruit juice in it.

F4EE7BFE-9EA3-469B-9E29-40E8737E22A0.jpeg

3/4 oz Orgeat syrup (almond)
1 1/2 oz Dark Rum (I used Myers)
1/2 oz Orange Curacao (orange liquer)
1/2 oz J Wray Jamaican Light Rum
3/4 oz fresh squeezed lime juice

Shake well and serve over crushed ice. Garnish with lime shell & fresh mint.

This is the original Trader Vic recipe - with one large exception. The J Wray & Nephew 17 year old rum no longer exists. The popularity of the drink in the 1940’s Almost completely depleted the world supply. There are only 4 bottles of this rum known to remain. If one would want to buy one of them, the value is now listed At $55,000 for a 1 liter bottle. So, needless to say, other rums are now substituted. Ha!

alimac122

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you know i had to keep shoving my lil guy off of me last night way too hot ,want's to lay on top of legs has plenty of room,but no ,finally we came to agreement 4 amo_O
I got smushed between my two. Woke up to a pillow on top of my legs, comforter completely off, one butt in my face, the other spooning me with her butt in the small of my back. And i was diagonal, only with about 1/6th of the bed. The pups get the majority of the bed. every night. no matter how hard i fight it.

alimac122

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am delving into the world of tiki cocktails. Time for a Mai Tai (the original tiki cocktail). Didn’t have the proper garnish (fresh mint) which is Apparently fairly important, but not too bad for my first one. I think the misconception is that this is a sweet cocktail with lots of fruit juice. Other than 3/4 ounce of fresh squeezed lime juice, there is no other fruit juice in it.

This is the original Trader Vic recipe - with one large exception. The J Wray & Nephew 17 year old rum no longer exists. The popularity of the drink in the 1940’s Almost completely depleted the world supply. There are only 4 bottles of this rum known to remain. If one would want to buy one of them, the value is now listed At $55,000 for a 1 liter bottle. So, needless to say, other rums are now substituted. Ha!

Hey bartender, teleport me one.

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you like your Zodiac? I have thought about getting one to dive a bit further off shore in Monterey but have been put off not being able to find anything decent used.

I like it a lot. It's 11' and we can tow it with the Scion xB or my Miata! It does great in calm water and it's OK in rough water, as far as I'm concerned. But my wife isn't a fan once it gets to be a bit choppy. She's prone to getting sea sick. Lucky for us, snorkeling is mostly a clam water past time! We were lucky. There were a number of them for sale in Florida, but most were rough or pricey. Then I found one in Atlanta of all places. Who uses a Zodiac in Atlanta. Turned out a guy bought it to do a bit of fishing with his young son. But they moved to a different house and weren't on the water behind a dam any more. He wanted a bit more than I wanted to pay. So I stayed in touch and he had no offers after 6 months. I made a good offer and picked it up while driving a Uhaul of furniture from my in-laws in Cincinnati down to Florida, so I was passing within a few miles of his house anyway! ;Woot;Woot;Woot

Dolelo96

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Laughing is great for the soul. Been a little blah lately..fast forward to tonigh. Greg was telling me a story and asked me to google “DuckDuckGo”. Sure, no problem. I get my phone, type the term it in and hit send. About that time, my brain kicks in and realizes my finger hit the wrong key while spelling out the second “Duck”. My finger didn’t hit the “D”. I’ll let you use your imagination..

I laughed so hard I couldn’t breath. Handed my phone to Greg..he just shook his head and said I need help. I just laughed harder...feeling much better now;Happy

U

User1

View Badges
I like it a lot. It's 11' and we can tow it with the Scion xB or my Miata! It does great in calm water and it's OK in rough water, as far as I'm concerned. But my wife isn't a fan once it gets to be a bit choppy. She's prone to getting sea sick. Lucky for us, snorkeling is mostly a clam water past time! We were lucky. There were a number of them for sale in Florida, but most were rough or pricey. Then I found one in Atlanta of all places. Who uses a Zodiac in Atlanta. Turned out a guy bought it to do a bit of fishing with his young son. But they moved to a different house and weren't on the water behind a dam any more. He wanted a bit more than I wanted to pay. So I stayed in touch and he had no offers after 6 months. I made a good offer and picked it up while driving a Uhaul of furniture from my in-laws in Cincinnati down to Florida, so I was passing within a few miles of his house anyway! ;Woot;Woot;Woot

Wow - great job on that!

Dolelo96

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

If you need a taste tester...I’m your huckleberry ;)

Dolelo96

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not even going to google "duckduckgo";)
It’s actually a search engine. I don’t know what the results were of my search. Closed the window immediately..no telling what that search produced;Woot;Wideyed;Watching

Dolelo96

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have y'all ever googled something innocently and got traumatized? Never Google diaper covers. Just sayin'
Mine was Creme Brûlée.,..maybe I misspelled it. You can never un-see it;Woot

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not even going to google "duckduckgo";)
You know the "U" and the "I" are next to each other on the keyboard. If you do Google it, be very careful of your spelling, or you might not get the results you are expecting. LOL!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
All of the new guys survived the night. I haven't seen the pistol. I'm going to get a curly Q nem for him in the Miracle. Anyone had experience with them?
Curliques not easy care, , , requiring absolute water quality but beautiful tentacles and often confused with Aptasia.-

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 15 32.6%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 10 21.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 16 34.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 6.5%
Back